+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a relationship that might be fizzling out? but cant quite decide if it is or not....

a relationship that might be fizzling out? but cant quite decide if it is or not....

Heya,
    id just like your view on this because im hesistant as to what to do.
    I had a first date with this guy 1 and a half weeks ago. He was a true gentleman and we got on really well. I truly felt a spark between us. He ended the date with a suggestion to meet up. However he knew that we wouldnt be able to for a while (2 weeks) because i met him in Leeds and i was going home for christmas. I told him the date id be back in Leeds but he asked me to give him a text anyway when i get back.

Since then, ive been texting him. Asking how he is etc just to keep in touch and hes been responding but not quite as quickly (4/5 hours later)/ enthusiastically. Christmas is important for both of us but he didnt wish me merry christmas... im not sure whether to read into that or not.

so, should i text him when i get back to Leeds or not? I dont want to seem desperate or clingy? if so, how should i write it? should i say, 'hi im back, what are you up to?' or what? I really really want him to ask me out again but im not sure how to get him to.
    Thanks. All responses would be greatly appreciated.

He might be busy with relatives for the holidays, don't read anything into this. Just relax. Text him when you get back to Leeds. It's not being clingy, it's good communication and showing an interest. If you don't show an interest you will lose him for sure.

And stop waiting for him to do all the work. You should ask him out when you both are back into a routine after xmas. And if you ask him out, don't do it via text. Texting might be fun and "high tech" but it's really low class to ask out a date via text/SMS. Don't be a chav.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

1 date isn't a relationship, so its also not "fizzling out". I think you're probably very high maintenance based on you analyzing of texts and lacks of "Merry Christmas".

Calm down, take a deep breath, and let him contact you. Pushing him is going to make things "fizzle out" even faster, especially since he said he wouldn't be available for 2 weeks and that was 1.5 weeks ago.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks Cerby and bulrush, you are totally right. Reading through it again i realise how ridiculous im being! shall just keep it slow and chill. thanks