+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to find your perfect partner

How to find your perfect partner

[url]http://faith-united.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-find-your-perfect-partner.html[/url]

How to find your perfect partner
    I.What is love?
    4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient that it does not force someone to say “yes to you”, love is not self-seeking that it does not seek the pleasures of the flesh or lust, love is not rude that it does not force you to go into motel, love is not easily angered that it does not make a person angry if the lustful desire is not met.

Love removes all fear (1 John 4:18), it removes all fear from parents, from peers, from any other person. It does not delight in evil but rejoices in all truth. You know that it is love is that when you are all open to everyone on how do you feel and do. When a married couple enters into the motel, no one cares even if the parents of the couple knew what are their activities but when two single couple or adulterous couple enters into the motel, they enter it secretly that they don’t want to inform the world that they are engaging illicit relationship and builds up fear. When fear governs, there is no love.

II.Keys to find your perfect partner:

1. Realize that God is the perfect matchmaker
    The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Genesis 1:18
    God is the perfect matchmaker because He is the one who made us, He is the one who made us moved and have our being. He is the author of love and He is the maker of everything. He knows what is best for you and He knows who is that perfect someone for you.

2. Seek God and His righteousness
    But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
    This is the first and the most important key, without God’s wisdom you may end up in wrong relationship and you will end up in not happy marriage. It says: if you seek God first and His righteousness, all of these things will be given to you – namely: most handsome husband or most gorgeous wife with good character, most blessed and wealthy person, most loving person and all other most best that you can think of – far beyond your human imagination. This be given to you if you seek God first, not just when you have problems.

3. Seek God’s wisdom
    Then he prayed, "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'-let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master." 15 Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, who was the wife of Abraham's brother Nahor. 16 The girl was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever lain with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again. Genesis 24:12-16
    This is a story of the servant of Abraham seeking wife for his master’s son Isaac and he prayed to God and ask for a sign, when the sign is confirmed, without any hesitation he went to the girl immediately and propose for the girl to be his master son’s wife. It is important to ask God’s wisdom or ask God for a sign, when God has already give you a sign, ask for those who are Spiritually-filled person for confirmation (2 Corinthians 13:1), and when it is confirmed don’t make a second thought, make a proposal or do something (for men) or make a big “YES” (for women). Sometimes we often want but can’t have it because we didn’t ask (James 4:3). It is important to ask and ask for confirmation, and when it is there, don’t make unnecessary delay. God had given Isaac the most beautiful wife.

4. Confirmation
    "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses." 2 Corinthians 13:1
    Ask for a confirmation regarding your sign or your word to those Spiritually-filled person, don’t ask for anyone but ask your leader in your church that you know that can advice you. You know in your heart that he/she is the right person because this confirms your heart. You can imagine yourself 50 years from now together with him/her with a happy married life. As made in the vow: “for better or for worse”, imagine yourself together in the better times and for the worst times and how you two overcome trials with the help of God.

5. Blessings
    "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:2-3

Blessing is important in marriage; you will know that he/she is the one if there is a blessing from your parents, from people around you and from God given authorities – your church or the government. There are marriage that are not blessed who lived under a curse and you can see their lives are like being cursed (Genesis 27:46). There are those who get married because of unwanted pregnancies not based on biblical principles.

III.What if I made up a mess?

a. What if I was married for wrong reasons.
    In this case, do not break your spouse, instead offer your marriage to the Lord. Surrender yourself unto the Lord. It is a saying: “If I change everything changes”, so if your spouse don’t fear the Lord or having a miserable lifestyle or attitude, don’t leave him/her (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), to the wife: “submit to your husband” without any condition, as to husband: “love your life as Christ love the church” (Ephesians 5:22-33), to love your wife even if she is not submitting to you, to love her even if she has bad attitude, to love her that you give your life to her.

b. What if I have already a fiancé and were doing something

36If anyone thinks he is acting improperly toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if she is getting along in years and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married. 37But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—this man also does the right thing. 38So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does even better.[b]
    (1 Corinthians 7:36-38)

If you have a fiancé and it’s been a while that you’re acting improperly and it seems that you know in your heart that you should marry her, why keep the waiting? You should do as you want.

c. What if I have a partner but I cannot control myself
    9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. (1 Corinthians 7:9)
    If you cannot control yourself and seems like you engage into illicit relationship and you’re both single, it is better for you to get married than to sin. Either you get married or you get lay low.

What if I am single and I’m still a student?
    Genesis 29:20
    So Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days.
    Love can wait for love is patient. In this story, even if Jacob worked for Laban’s daughter for seven years, it doesn’t matter because of his love to her. He is willing to wait and even work for Rachel for seven years. Some people are too aggressive that they have this dialogue: “Why kept me waiting when we can have it now?”, this statement is not love but rather lust. If you love someone, you are willing to do anything and wait for the one you love.

IV.Our Model of Love is Jesus Christ.
    But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)

God loves us even if what we are, even if we are sinners – Jesus paid everything on the cross so that we will have everlasting life – for those who will believe in Him.
    This is not an accident that you have read this. God loves you so much. He wants you to have a perfect partner, He wants you to have a perfect life, He wants you to be with Him. God wants you to have an ice cream but sometimes we often can’t wait for such ice cream that we settle for ice drop or ice candy. The ice cream is coming your way. Listen and discern His voice – “for my sheep know my voice”.

If your single and you want that perfect someone to be in your life, pray this prayer with me.

“Father in heaven, you are my Father, you are the one who made, I believe in Your Son Jesus Christ as my Lord and as my Saviour. I surrender my life unto you Lord, I surrender everything I have to you Lord. From now on, I will live for you. From now on, I will seek first your Kingdom and your Righteousness before anything else. From now on, I will make you my number one priority in life.
    Father, I ask for your wisdom for the perfect partner in life. You know who is the right person for me. Protect him/her Lord, may we meet in Your perfect time and place. I pray Father for your love that will overflow in me so that I will show your love to others. Thank you Father –you are my perfect Father. I ask in the name of your Son Jesus Christ. Amen

Stop quoting the bible.
    Prick. That book has caused suffering for billions of people.
    Stop thinking it's about a peaceful, loving being
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Great post francute. It's very true. I've been dealing with this myself lately, trying to seek first the kingdom of God, knowing that all will be given to me in due time.
    I've been letting my desire for relationship get in the way of my pursuit of God, and I know that has caused an imbalance in my life that I need to correct before I'm ready for a woman to join my life.

*sigh*
    Please take a couple of minutes to listen to the first couple of minutes of this. Then tell me where he is wrong
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

I loved George Carlin -- especially the above routine! He makes soooo much sense!
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would thank MPhoenix for his post, except I can't. Nice.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeh, wish we could Thank posts again!
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?