+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i get over a best friend that i thought wanted to be with me but now r friends

how do i get over a best friend that i thought wanted to be with me but now r friends

Me and my best mate started off as friends but we kept getting closer and then things happend between us, which has been going on for quite a while, like when i stay over we share a bed and kiss and that....but a couple days a go i asked him if he wanted to take this further but he said it would be to weird, coz we're friends so i got upset...then we went back to normal talking and most of the evening he kept asking if i was alright and giving me hugs. i really like him but as he said we should just be friends he keeps hugging me does that mean he's relised he's made a mistake? i just want to know what i should do coz i really like him but it looks like we're not going to get anywhere and i can't ignore him coz we're so close and he would act weird about it. so what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by chez
    Me and my best mate started off as friends but we kept getting closer and then things happend between us, which has been going on for quite a while, like when i stay over we share a bed and kiss and that....but a couple days a go i asked him if he wanted to take this further but he said it would be to weird, coz we're friends so i got upset...then we went back to normal talking and most of the evening he kept asking if i was alright and giving me hugs. i really like him but as he said we should just be friends he keeps hugging me does that mean he's relised he's made a mistake? i just want to know what i should do coz i really like him but it looks like we're not going to get anywhere and i can't ignore him coz we're so close and he would act weird about it. so what should i do?

i was mates with my ex for 4 years, then we got together and had the best relatationship ever over the last 2 years, alothough she ended it yesterday, now we are going to stay friends, which is going to be hard for me but thats what i want to....

Quote Originally Posted by gutted
    i was mates with my ex for 4 years, then we got together and had the best relatationship ever over the last 2 years, alothough she ended it yesterday, now we are going to stay friends, which is going to be hard for me but thats what i want to....

i would like to stay mates with my mate but not sure if i could get that close again i don't wanna get hurt again, even though he's really trying always inviting round and wanting to hangout, i think thats sweet but sometimes its a bit much coz i love him but i never told him coz i thought its to late.
    but its good that you both want the same things, but i'm keeping most of my feelings inside coz i'm scared to tell him incase i get hurt or feel stupid for saying it