+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hard to read this girl. Need advice.

Hard to read this girl. Need advice.

Hello and thank you for reading.

I'm 27 and she is 26. We have worked together for the past couple months now and have developed a flirtatious friendship. I don't see her all the time at work because we work in different units, but when we do, there's always some flirty one-liner exchanged between us. Our text messages are the same way. But throughout the course of our friendship, I've noticed that sometimes she ignores me even when she is the one initiating contact. We've made plans to hangout together just as friends, but every time I call her or text her the day of, I never get a reply back. Is she just a big tease? I'm not so sure. So the other day I asked her out on a formal date. She said yes. The date is tomorrow. But tonight, she invited me to a friend's dinner. I called her and texted her about it earlier, but no reply. Haven't heard from her.

I don't get her. I know that she's into me, but why isn't she making more of an effort to hangout with me? I speculate that when I call her tomorrow or text her about our date, she won't reply. What gives? What am I supposed to do if she is so difficult to get into contact with?

arent you u being too possesive?? give her time...if she thinks it is important she will reply...else ask her why she did not reply!!

maybe she has a boyfriend?

Being too possessive? She is the one inviting me! I'm simply calling her to see what time she wants to meet. And she doesn't have a boyfriend. She would have never said yes to a date.

I wouldn't be so sure she doesn't have a boyfriend.......some people will cheat you know. I work with a guy that proper hit on me and he has a long term gf...

Well, even if she did have a boyfriend, that just makes her even more into me if she's willing to cheat on him. Yet, she makes no effort.

Is she busy with work or family at home? Maybe she just has bad manners. Or she is just playing with you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)