+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! My girlfriend of 2 and a half years broke up with me for someone else...

Help! My girlfriend of 2 and a half years broke up with me for someone else...

I could see it coming....for awhile now she has been distant towards me and she stopped laughing at my jokes and stopped being loving towards me. I now know why. She has found someone else. She just came out as bisexual and has replaced me with a girl. I am devastated. I don't know what to do. I really want her back...I loved her more than I loved anyone in my life. I still love her and it hurts knowing she is in love with someone else. She deleted me off of her facebook...but she still has my number and texts me sometimes....she texted me and said "I know I hurt you and I feel bad for that". She's also saying things like "talk to me and vent". She is sad that she hurt me but she is "in love" with this girl that she met about 3 months ago. Her and I have been together for 2 and a half years. It really hurts.

I bought a book on how to win your ex girlfriend back and am applying the no contact rule. I am trying to appear happy and that the break up doesn't effect me...even though it does. I am taking it very hard. I was very much [and still am] in love with her. I need advice...

How can I win her back? Any suggestions? I really want her back...
    '

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire411 View Post

I bought a book on how to win your ex girlfriend back and am applying the no contact rule. I am trying to appear happy and that the break up doesn't effect me...even though it does. I am taking it very hard. I was very much [and still am] in love with her. I need advice...

How can I win her back? Any suggestions? I really want her back...
    '
    It is over. You want her back. She obviously does not so you have no chance AT ALL

You said, that you have bought a book, how much has it helped you?

The contact rule is a powerful tool if your girlfriend wasn't involved in another relationship, however now that she is, the best way would be of flirting with other girls.
    Believe me nothing can drive a girl crazy as the jealousy does.
    Go out and have fun, don't show her any signals of pity or sadness, and most of all get involved in a new relationship, even if it was just made up.

You should be using the no contact rule to completely forget her, and while your at it go out and have fun. Never look back.

As hard as it is, MOVE ON. She is giving you clear signals that you will not get another chance. Try to accept and process this, and come to terms with it. It's hard, it hurts, but it'll pass. You'll find someone else or simply be happy on your own and flirting/being casual with other girls. Find some stuff to distract you, focus more on work or your studies, go out more with friends. Good friends are always a major asset in these situations, they can really pick you up and dust you off. Under no circumstances should you stay in contact with your ex. Even if she allows it. It will just mess you up more. Maybe you want to pick her up on her offer to "vent"...but you'll be better off not to. She's drawn a line in the sand, and you're just going to get hurt crossing it.

Best of luck, I feel for ya mate.