+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still can't get over my ex 2 and half years later

Still can't get over my ex 2 and half years later

Hi all I been reading and like some advice people have giving other people on this forum so I figure I'd ask for some. So here's my story.

I was with a girl for three years everything was great never loved anyone more than her I gave her the world and anything she wanted or needed. She left for Colorado with her family for 8 months I flew out And saw her at least once a month during this time. She came back and things wer never better then about six months later she calls me up and tells me it's over this was totally outta nowhere we went out that sameday everything was fine we had a greAt day together. Well a week goes by we have are bickering that every break up has, I ask her why she broke up with me she tells me thAt I'm a piece of crap goin nowhere and holdin her back. I was devastated I couldn't see how she could say somethin like this after 3 years well we kept in contact for about another month then I stopped contact with her.

Well two years have past I never go a day without thinkin of her. I'm not sad anymore. But I still miss her terribly. I've tried everything from starting MMA to dating but I just can't bring my self to talk to any other girls or trust anyone else like I did her I've only dated twice since this I don't understand why I can't get over this. It's ruined my feelings it's hard for me to have feelings for anyone now. any advice?

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I would say three things.

Firstly... you did the right thing when you stopped contact with your ex. Losing contact with someone you love so much is very very tough and I commend you for your efforts. Well played!

Secondly... When you find the right person for you, someone you connect with on the same sort of level as your ex then things will eventually flow naturally. Don't compare them to your ex, just enjoy whats on offer and if you're not happy, move on.

Thirdly... Even though 2 years seems like forever to still have feelings for someone, it will eventually pass. It may take another 2 years which sounds unbearable but thats the crappy road you have to take after being heartbroken. Bare in mind, dating 2 people in 2 years hasn't given you a ton of opportunities to find Mrs Right.

Hang in there pal, you'll find her eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different