+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need relationship advice?

Really need relationship advice?

My ex girlfriend split up with me over a year ago after an 18 month relationship. She was my first serious girlfriend and she gave reasons like she wanted to sort her life out with career, friends etc. We haven't been in touch much since the break up although I do still think about her and miss her alot but I have sort of accepted that we would never get back together.

Since we broke up I've tried to get back into 'the game' but have been failing miserably. Well when I say i've been trying, I don't really know how to approach girls, what to talk about, when and where to approach them. Alot of people say don't look for love, it will come to you. But I can't see this happening, it feels like i'm invinsable to girls. I even tried internet dating for a while, met one girl, went on about 3 dates and then heard nothing from her again.

My friends seem to be all in relationships, getting married, having children and all settling down. Then theres me, single and not even close to any girl. I work in a man's environment, the single lads at work have a new story every week about the girls they've been with at the weekend but I look pathetic because they know i've hardly been near a girl since my ex. When I go and see my nan and grandad they always ask me if i've got a girlfriend, the answer is always the same and I think there quite concerned about me as well.

I think I probably have confidence issues as well, i'm 23 and have gone very thin on top of my head. Its probably aged me quite a few years and I hate seeing people I haven't seen for a while because they point it out. Maybe the reason why i'm invisable to girls.

If anyone has any advice for me that would be very much appreciated?

It doesn't matter how you look, it's how you carry yourself......confidence is what wins the girls. You need to stop worrying about how you look or what they might be thinking....that will always distract you from being confident in yourself. If you have an active social life and lifestyle you will increase your opportunities. Take up some new interests that will force you to be social with other people. Never set your goal to meet someone too high. Be open to just develop some friendships to get you into a few social circles where you can meet someone. Join a social club where they set up activities and events for singles. Grab a buddy and go to some of them. Some of those clubs offer a free one month trial...I would take advantage of that if there is something like that in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It doesn't matter how you look, it's how you carry yourself......confidence is what wins the girls.
    This right here. For a practical example, my son looks so much like me that we get mistaken for each other fairly regularly... he's 6" taller than me and half my age (he's old enough to drink), but if we're out somewhere together, I'm the one the clerk at the store flirts with. Why? Mainly because I'm very happily married, confident and I don't look "hungry".

It might be because you whine too much. Nobody likes a sad sack. Do some fun things by yourself and brag about that to your friends. You don't need a girl to make your life complete or worthwhile. Don't be ashamed of being single. Embrace it. Think of the freedom you have to do whatever you want. You are giving off the impression of being a broken, sick-hearted failure. And lots of men are bald or balding. It is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Some women like that. We can't control that we all age, but we can control how we accept it.

Maybe you're too picky?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    It might be because you whine too much. Nobody likes a sad sack. Do some fun things by yourself and brag about that to your friends. You don't need a girl to make your life complete or worthwhile. Don't be ashamed of being single. Embrace it. Think of the freedom you have to do whatever you want. You are giving off the impression of being a broken, sick-hearted failure. And lots of men are bald or balding. It is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Some women like that. We can't control that we all age, but we can control how we accept it.

Another good post! :-) Sadsack ....love it.