+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why dont guys want to be friends after you breakup??

Livelaughlove17 Guest

why dont guys want to be friends after you breakup??

I dates this guy for 2 months. We got along really well, he acted like I was the most important thing in his life. We broke up because he's shipping out and it's best if he goes single. This last thing he said was "you're a great girl and I had feelings, I just think its best if I leave single." that was it, we haven't spoken since; that was 3 weeks ago. He talk to his friend (my friend too) about the breakup a week later and he was upset; he sounded like he didn't wanna do it, he just had to. We don't talk, he'll stare at me sometimes but that's it. It's like I don't exist. We never had sex so I know he wasn't with me for that. I guess my question is, if it wasn't a bad breakup and we got along up through the breakup, why doesn't he want to continue a friendship at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Livelaughlove17 View Post
    I dates this guy for 2 months. We got along really well, he acted like I was the most important thing in his life. We broke up because he's shipping out and it's best if he goes single. This last thing he said was "you're a great girl and I had feelings, I just think its best if I leave single." that was it, we haven't spoken since; that was 3 weeks ago. He talk to his friend (my friend too) about the breakup a week later and he was upset; he sounded like he didn't wanna do it, he just had to. We don't talk, he'll stare at me sometimes but that's it. It's like I don't exist. We never had sex so I know he wasn't with me for that. I guess my question is, if it wasn't a bad breakup and we got along up through the breakup, why doesn't he want to continue a friendship at all!
    You're like a broken record!

Livelaughlove17 Guest
    ....... What?

Translation: You keep repeating the same thing over and over like a broken record skipping in a turntable.

The advice still stands....it's over, it doesn't make any difference if he still has feelings for you or not. He chose to break up with you anyways because he is leaving, so let it go.

(Despite me being a girl I will answer based on what my male friends would say) Guys don't want to be friends cause he wants to have sex. If he is not getting sex from you he wants to have it with someone else... If he is getting sex from girl "A" and you ex girl "B" calls/texts/hang out as friends.

Girl A to guy: "who's that B?"
    Guy: "oh thats B, my ex."
    Girl A: "why is she calling you if she's your ex?!" (A begins to think-no matter how secure she is), "do I need to worry about B? Is guy ****ing B still? Girl A goes weird, potentially stops giving sex to guy... guy is in same position as before... = boo!))