+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I mess up? Or just thinking about it too much?

Did I mess up? Or just thinking about it too much?

In short, I think I may have blown my chances with a girl I really admire.

There is this girl in my computer class, and I sit next to her everyday.
    We are friends but we have only hung out a couple of times (all of them with other people)
    She knows that I like her, I try to flirt with her and make her laugh and whatnot.
    And I think she likes me, or used to at least, she plays with her hair when she talks to me, but can never look me straight in the eye. She gave me a nickname and calls me by that name sometimes. however she is REALLY SHY. It took months to even get this close with her. and we still barely know each other.

I have asked her out a couple of times, but she does work so it can be troublesome sometimes. but whenever we do go out, its always her AND her friends. I can never get her alone so I can tell her how I feel about her. Is that what she is worried about?

So anyway, my friend said the other night that I should send her a sweet text message, just to show her that she means something to me. So I sent her a message complimenting her on her smile. Not only did she not text me back, but she was kinda hesitant to talk to me today. I'm afraid that she is angry with me, or that she is trying to to say that she isn't interested in that kind of relationship. But it seems so odd to me, because she flirts with me too, and just by the way she acts around me, I think I can tell that she likes me.

I feel really bad now, should I say sorry to her?
    Should I ask her if she is even interested?
    Because honestly, I don't want to waste my/her time with this if she only wants to be friends.
    I really like this girl, and she seems to feel the same way based on our conversations, what can I do to fix this?
    Is she just too shy to text back? And that I'm thinking about this too far?

GHH is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hi,

if she's so shy then no surprise she acted like that. I guess she was shocked at first and now she doesn't know what to do next... If i were you, next time i see her i'd say sth like "hey,sorry if my msg made you feel uncomfortable" or sth like that...i'm 80% sure she'd say something nice to you or even thank you for the compliment..since you're dealing with a really shy person, she probably doesn't know what you meant - if she really likes you she's probably worried not to misunderstand your msg, explain how she feels about you, and then get hurt, because you don't feel the same...good luck! i don't think you messed up at all

Maybe you're not aggressive enough. A shy girl and a hesitant guy is not going to work.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

You may not be right, you are too shy

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Maybe you're not aggressive enough. A shy girl and a hesitant guy is not going to work.
    Ya I agree with this. Stop looking at her response as something negative.....if you had any confidence you would see the opportunity to step it up and just ask her out in person.

Ah-hah