+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I really missing out?

Am I really missing out?

I am 24 and have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. We are both the same age. We have what I describe as a perfect relationship except she never wants to kiss, hug or have sex. We would have sex no more than once a month at most. I am on the verge of selling my company for $5 Million and won't have to every work again, already we have a great life and I do everything I can for her, but when it comes to be iminate she does not seem interested. I brought us to a $5000 a night hotel in NYC for the weekend and every night she went to sleep without coming near me and turned down my efforts.

My question is does anyone think I'm missing out on a sex life? Or does it not get any better than this?

You're missing out. Once a month is below average, especially for your age. You guys haven't been married 30 years, although even then I hope I'm having sex more than once a month haha. You've got enough money it sounds like so maybe try to enlist some professional help. Convince her to go with you to a marriage counselor, sex therapist, or maybe a sexual MD (could be a hormone problem). If that doesn't work it might be time to move on. I know it sucks to have that ever be a reason to break up with someone that you deeply love, but sex is very important in a relationship and you don't want to be sexually frustrated the rest of your life. It doesn't make for a healthy relationship.

Good luck.