+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Dreaded FriendZone

The Dreaded FriendZone

Hey all, so I've gotten some really good advice from people on these forums in the past. So I'm back for some more advice.

It's about the dreaded friend zone. So there's this girl I've been talking too and hanging out with. We met 4-5 months ago through mutual friends, but wasn't till recently we started hanging out and talking. We've been on two dates and I'm scared of the friend zone. I think the whole friend zone thing is BS. But it exist and I've had problems with it in the past. So I'm trying to avoid it this time around. It's only been two dates so things are still kinda building up. I can't decipher her, sometimes it sounds like she sees me as a friend and other times as more. She has guy best friends, so she does like having guy friends. And I'm not interested in that role. She is the quiet, smart, sometimes awkward, shy kind of girl. So defiantly not the girl who's going to make the first move etc.

I haven't really flirted with her, she might even think I'm putting her in the friend zone. So how do I go about showing her that I'm interested without making things awkward? Friend suggested texting her in the morning and doing "cute" things. lol.. But I don't know about that. On our last date, during dinner she randomly asks me "Do you like anyone?". I looked up and thought to myself "F*** friend zone question" lol.. I looked at her and said "NOPE" lol and kept eating.

I'm just scared that if I don't start showing interest she will put me in the friend zone. How can I show her I like her subtlety? Should I text her more often? I don't know what to do and I know Im over thinking this but any input would be awesome! Just need other peoples perspectives. Thanks.
    Last edited by man0nthemoon; 08-05-12 at 02:03 PM.

The "Friend Zone" doesn't actually exist, its a term used by men too afraid to make an actual move, or too stupid to read simple signals. You sir are one of these men.

When she asked you "Do you like anyone?" this was an opening as wide as the Grand Canyon for you to make your move, and you blew it hard. The correct answer was "This IS a date, isn't it?" Confident bordering on arrogant, but not quite crossing the line. If you want to stay out of the friend zone, your next move is simple and easy.

1) Arrange for another date
    2) Kiss her on this date

If she kisses you back, you're now making positive steps towards a relationship. The first few dates are tough for anyone, but fortune favors the bold.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Jesus, this broad is giving you the green light and you are trying your best to fck it up. If you like her , tell her. Shes asking if you like anyone. What she really means is do you like her. Get with the program dude, otherwise she ll end up getting ridden like a derby winner while your sat home on a saturday night jerking off to reruns of the big bang theory and crying yourself to sleep wondering why u acted like a big homo when you had the chance. get fired in. good luck soldier

well down