+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have, let's call it a problem.

I have, let's call it a problem.

Hi. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm in quite a hurry.
    I'm in a class with this girl and we're quite good friends for some time now. I asked her if she wants to go out with me, I didn't mean as friends, if you got what I'm saying.
    Well, she said no. She politely turned me down, said that she just wants to be friends with me and, well, she's not interested, to cut a long story short. I started panicing and soon, I asked her to forget the whole thing, she said OK and that's our situation now (Yea, she also asked me if I really ment what I said, and I said all kinds of stuff I really ment. I said, yes, but maybe I shouldn't say them now.) I really like her and I would love to, let's say, be in a relationship with her, but I don't want to ruin our friendship if she says no again. I want to impress her in a way she would want to go out with me, but I don't know how? How?

She's so beautiful!

Thats about the same problem I have. I asked this girl out and she didn't turn me down but responded with a "I dunno" when i asked her if she would like to do something with me. I know she doesn't like me now(well im pretty sure) but she was just trying to be polite. I suggest you just continue to be friends with her then maybe after another couple of weeks just ask her if she'd give you another chance or something. Thats what I'm going to do in my situation or maybe I just won't ask again since I'm sure it just be real uncomfortable for her. So basically you have 2 choices:

1. Ask her again later after becoming better friends
    2. Just be a friend

I know it would be hard to do the second choice because thats what im going to do and yes it is tough knowing its impossible for anything between us to happen but I'm sure if she liked you she'd say something. And there really is no way to make someone immediately like you by impressing them because situations like that don't happen too often in life. I don't think you should ask her again because it would probably make things real weird between you two if she says no again.

When in doubt do NOTHING...

I dont know what to say for this, but i'm sure i'll come up with some of my own experience. Well Someguy, i praise you for your courage of asking her out in the first place cos most of us dont even have the gut to do such a thing. I dont want to get a big head or anything but i've never been turned down from a girl, well sortof have. but that another story. Yeah i would have to agree with Emotion you can either just stay friends or Ask her out again later. But you have to keep inmind that you could be losing a friendship from this. I'd find the best thing to do in these situations are to go with the flow and chill with her. Be friends, do all the friends stuff, but while this is still going on give hints, that you still like her, like give her a cuddle every now and then. Then after a set amount of time and you find that ur feelings for her have grown and hopefully her's has grown for you, you ask her out.
    >{Johnno}<
    AKA Xplodinjohnno

Least you got a no, ive gotten a "ill try to work you in this weekend" i felt like punching her

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy
    Hi. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm in quite a hurry.
    I'm in a class with this girl and we're quite good friends for some time now. I asked her if she wants to go out with me, I didn't mean as friends, if you got what I'm saying.
    Well, she said no. She politely turned me down, said that she just wants to be friends with me and, well, she's not interested, to cut a long story short. I started panicing and soon, I asked her to forget the whole thing, she said OK and that's our situation now (Yea, she also asked me if I really ment what I said, and I said all kinds of stuff I really ment. I said, yes, but maybe I shouldn't say them now.) I really like her and I would love to, let's say, be in a relationship with her, but I don't want to ruin our friendship if she says no again. I want to impress her in a way she would want to go out with me, but I don't know how? How?

She's so beautiful!
    Wait...I am confused..so does she like you or not?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Irscared----Whoops, I'll remember never to use that line again.

Someguy, at least you have the courage to ask out this girl and now you know the answer although a bad answer at least you know were you stand with her.