+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should she take any of the blame?

Should she take any of the blame?

17 yr old sleeps with a 13yr old girl. she is consenting.
    it gets found out the lad is due in court some point over the next month or so ( yay i get to go give evidence wont that be fun )
    but the question is, because the she is 13 does that mena she has no idea what she was agreeing to.
    basically is it 100% ihs fault or should she take a part of the blame?
    Last edited by Swoon; 17-03-05 at 12:21 AM.

By law or from a moral perspective?

y is he in court? did she report him or did a parent/guardian of hers find out and report him?

at the age of 13, you know what yr doin. it may also be true that she consented under sum kind of pressure from him, which takes SOME of the blame away from her.

at the end of the day in my opinion, she consented so it should be accepted that she deserves some blame. hes a 17yr old guy. y wud he say no?
    [x* *x]

Quote Originally Posted by .:Eek:.
    hes a 17yr old guy. y wud he say no?
    Because in some states it's illegal. Like in my state you could be concidered an adult for this at 17.

other than that i agree with you. At 13 you know what the hell you are doing. This girl made a consious decision, well unless you drugged her or physically forced her to. which i'm assuming you did not. I would feel bad for having sex with someone so young, but not on account that she can't make her own decisions.

Its called Statutory Rape. Heres a deffinition of it.

WHAT IS "STATUTORY RAPE"?

It is any carnal knowledge of a female under the age of consent, whether or not the female was a willing participant. The age of consent varies from state to state, but is generally from 16 - 18 years of age. Again, some states may include in their definition carnal knowledge of a male under the age of consent in that state.

Information gathered from: freeadvice.com

So, basically, she won't get any blame for it. In most cases, the "adult" is jailed / does community service or pays a fine.
    Last edited by Fawn; 17-03-05 at 03:49 AM.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

At 13 I knew enough, but I still made mistakes. That's a tough one.
    "Graze upon my lips, and if those hills be dry, stray lower to where the pleasent fountains lie"
    --Shakespeare

from a legal perspective in england she is free of all blame, but form a moral persepective this doesnt seem right to me. im not syaing send her down, but pretending shes some innocent party in all this is bullshit.
    her mum found out, because he boasted ot it about people, me being one of them, so now im dragged into the whole process

It doesnt matter whether or not she SHOULD be free of all blame, the law says that she is. He is the adult in this situation and he should not have had sex with her even if she did consent. I presume he knew how old she was, he knew the law, therefore he takes full responsibility for it.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

im unsure bout this one, laws are different in england. hed probably get away with it here.
    [x* *x]

In the UK its illegal. End of story. Its classed as a sexual offence and has a severe prison sentence especially on if it involves those younger than 14.
    As from a moral perspective I believe thats correct too. A 13 year old isn't emotionally ready for the implications of sex and doesn't know properly what they are agreeing to. Why exactly does a 17 yr old need to go with a 13yr old anyway.

if you're gonna be dumb enough to brag about it, then let the mother find out, he should go to court. it will teach him another lesson besides having sex with children. keep your mouth shut when you got something good.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...