+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What goes on in your head ?

What goes on in your head ?

Hey guys,

This is something I've always wondered. At the beginning of my relationship, my boyfriend always hated it when i talked to other guys too much. I would always say that they know about you, and even some of my close guy friends have girlfriends. He says that didn't matter, because guys are guys, and they will still hit on me even though they have a girl friend. He's also said a couple other things that imply all guys (except him apparantly) are always checking out other girls even though they may be married or have a girlfriend. First, do all guys think like this? and second, does he check out other girls, and hit on them too if this is his mentality? I was never really self conscious before, as i'm very fit, and pretty (which is why i guess he's so protective), but it just bugs me that he'll always be checking out other girls and comparing them to me now. I never thought about it, but it's kinda getting to me now. He says he doesnt, but i'm obviously not always around him.

Your boyfriend sounds like he has some serious problems with jealousy. So you're not aloud to talk to any guys, ever? That's pretty ridiculous. I mean if you're going to the clubs and flirting with a bunch of single guys then yeah, that's a problem, but it doesn't sound like those are the types of conversations you're having.

I think it's safe to say that men think about sex a little more than women and go after it more aggressively, but any respectful guy will back off once he finds out you're in a realtionship and not interested in him. To say that every guy, regardless of they're situation is hitting on you is pretty obsurd and maybe a sign that you're boyfriend is overly jealous. As long as you don't lead guys on there shouldn't be any reason why you can't talk to other guys. And if a guy hits on you even though he knows you're in a relationship then that's just a sign that he probably not someone you want to be talking to. And if that happens your boyfriend shouldn't be getting mad at you, he should be getting mad at the douchebag trying to steal his girlfriend.

As for guys checking out girls, yeah, of course it happens. But unless you're a real perv it's never more than a passing glance. You can't tell me women never check out guys. We're all human, we can't help it.

There was a post here maybe a year ago from a married woman talking about her guy friends. When she was single, she had about 20 good friends who were guys. After she got engaged, 10 of those guys drrifted away. After she got married, another 9 of those guy friends dropped out of sight. Out of those 20 guys, just one of them stayed her friend after she got married. Yes, guys who are in a relationship or married are still checking out other women, and some of those guys will even hit on other women. The better guys will still check them out, but they will remember that they are happy in their relationships and not looking to hook up with other women anymore.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It depends on if he loves you. We can admire someone's physical appearance, but if we're in love with someone else, it doesn't matter. If we just have a 'girlfriend', and are not in love, or not in love yet, then of course things are different when we're looking at or interacting with other women.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    There was a post here maybe a year ago from a married woman talking about her guy friends. When she was single, she had about 20 good friends who were guys. After she got engaged, 10 of those guys drrifted away. After she got married, another 9 of those guy friends dropped out of sight. Out of those 20 guys, just one of them stayed her friend after she got married. Yes, guys who are in a relationship or married are still checking out other women, and some of those guys will even hit on other women. The better guys will still check them out, but they will remember that they are happy in their relationships and not looking to hook up with other women anymore.
    Yeah and statistically, that one dude that was left must have been gay.

Sounds like your bf has jealousy issues, which are probably driven by insecurities. Yes, most guys do look at other girls, but I don't hit on them if I know they have a bf.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)