+ Follow This Topic

Thread: had a fight w/gf. need some insight.

had a fight w/gf. need some insight.

been dating my GF for 9 months. a LDR. we see each other 6 times a month.

we were in the gas station and I was filling up and meanwhile washing the windshields. this other woman in a car wanted to pass and there was another car blocking that lane (not filling up gas). the people went into the store to buy some stuff. she said something sarcastic and I ignored her. the 2nd time she said something not nice and I told her it was not me who was blocking her. I was using the station.

she passed by after the other car got out of her way and she said something (didnt hear) and I told her it wasnt me in her way and she yelled "shut the eff up" then I was mad, raised my voice back and called her a bitch. you dont like it then thats your problem I told her. but thats not the problem though. the issue is I dont feel like my partner has got my back like I do her's. she said to my GF (in the car) "watch out from him, he's an angry guy" and I told her why didnt she say anything back to stick up for me? I didnt expect her to be nasty to her but I was right and she should have said "you pissed him off, & he was right, and then you bad mouth him which isnt fair" or something like that. she saw I was frustrated and expected her to jump in and calm the situation. Im a tall bodybuilder and I can intimidate people at times, and she doesnt see a reason to jump in. "with all your height and size you need me to jump in?" is what she says. Im cutting everything short here but there's more to it.

I confronted her and she said.."uh..uh, I didnt take any side" although she thought I was right. and thats the problem I told her. if any situation would happen where she got in a confrontation with someone, someone said something no appropriate, or anything happened I though was not right, I would jump in and stick up for her. I totally believe in chivalry. it is my duty to protect my lady and I expect the same. every single woman I dated did the same for me and I for her. she said I could handle it by myself. if it was the other way around, I would get out of the car tell my GF let me take care of it, walk over and try to solve the issue. I feel betrayed a bit.

another situation. I buy her 24 roses every 6 weeks. but I feel like she doesnt appreciate it or it doesnt do anything for her. I get a pathetic thank you from her. I always order the roses ahead of time so they come in fresh and arent sitting in the store. one time I ordered my usual and the roses didnt look like the quality I expect and I got mad that the seller was trying to convince me they were nice. but they were far from it. many were open with bruises on them. the bouquet was done in a rush and I was not happy. I didnt feel so happy to bring them to her. she deserves the best. it frustrated me to bring it to her. I pay a lot of money for these roses and as a returning customer, the store owner should have made sure of this. I no longer buy from her. I was under time constraint and had no time to go to another store to get roses. my GF says I should have left it and "no big deal" if I didnt bring it to her. instead of saying "thank you sweetheart for caring to bring me the best" what I got was "I can imagine what you said to the poor lady". she sided with her. how many men buy theyre ladies roses like I do? I dont do it cause I have to, I do it cause I love her like crazy, and she's not appreciative of the effort. so dont buy me roses is what I get from her. when we go out on dates I payed all the time expect for 2 specific times. I dont let her. she payed to the movies the other day and months back she payed when sat at a cafe. she has trust issues with me as well. I have yet to meet her daughters. I met her brothers though last week.

she's a very independent woman and I like woman who appreciate when a man helps them out. I like to help her. its how I am. I fix a lot of things in her house, because 1, I like to fix things and 2 I want to help her.

this incident brought on a big fight. we are not talking. need some help. not sure if it was right to make an issue over it but its really bothering me.

you do seem a bit angry to be fair. maybe lay off the steroids a few weeks. As for buying roses every few weeks, what do you want? a medal? if you feel the need to get her presents, try varying it. chocolates, dvds etc. For a real treat, you could even get her a playstation3(available at all good stockists).

In your defence, your gf does sound like a misery.

The reality of this is that you two are not compatible so just break up.

It sounds like maybe you are doing too much for her and she doesn't appreciate it. They will deny this vehemently, but women don't like to be put on a pedestal. They perceive it as weakness. Independent women see it as patronizing. Most women are more social rather than confrontational, except for the lower socioeconomic classes. This one may not be what you are used to. If you want this to work, you are going to have to listen to her and follow her subtle cues. Although, she probably has a lot of suitors waiting in the wings, and she may not want to take any more time trying to get you to understand her. Like someone said earlier, you might have to come to the realization that you just are not compatible.

Thanks for your post

Thanks for your post