+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good first message

Good first message

I would like some tips on how to send a great first message. that catch's a girls eye. I don't wanna sound generic. On ething i have always wondered is, do you tell about yourself in the first message or let her ask about you?

Would appreciate any tips

Thanks for your post

Well, I know different types of girls will clearly be attracted by different types of guys and messages. But as a general rule I would look for similarities between her personality/ likes and yours and draw on that.

Its probably not true for everyone, but the most eye catching messages to me are the ones that basically wrap up their meaning in jokes, funny metaphors, role play (e.g. pretending to be characters/ talking about characters from various TV shows I have listed I like), and word play with some questions thrown in so I have something to think about and respond to. Those kinds of messages will stand out a MILE to me because they make me feel special, give me the impression that the guy really gets me and make it really easy for me to respond back in my own geeky way and just be myself.

I know everyone will obviously be different, but I'm guessing a similar rule applies for most. I.e. if you tailor your messages to suit the girl you are messaging, you will make them feel more special, like you specifically chose them from all the rest and also that you share similar interests and can really connect with them. Of course you have to read their profile to pick out these things so a lot will depend on how well written and thorough their profile is too, but if its well written I think a profile can tell you a lot about a person and give you a sense of whether you're likely to connect/ get on or not before you even message them!

Good luck!

PS: I know some people might lie in their profiles/ pretend to be someone they're not but that's just the risk you take I guess, because people can lie and pretend to be someone they're not in the real world too. You just have to start off being somewhat trusting and jump in if you feel a connection I think, unless someone starts saying things in a serious way that blatantly sound like fabrications in of course!
    Last edited by JustPassing; 06-06-12 at 03:25 PM.