+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Commitment Issues

Commitment Issues

Hi,

I’m looking for advice over this girl I’ve known a while. We have been pretty good friends for nearly a couple of years now. We both can’t deny that there’s chemistry there, but the issue is taking it further. In the past, we had a few dates, and as things started to move towards going out together, she pushed me away completely. This happened twice. Now after a while, we have started to move towards the same place again

I know it’s not any of the friend zone stuff, and that’s not me believing its something its not. Its just certain things, like whenever I see her, her reaction is funny, she always has this massive smile on her face and wont break eye contact. Her friends always point at me when she isn’t around and give me suggestive smiles. Another of her friends was saying how she wants to start fresh with me. Whenever we see each other, it nearly always ends up in us hooking up

However, recently her friend told me she has pretty serious commitment issues. This makes sense with her pushing me away, but what concerns me is how can I help her overcome these issues since we seem to move towards the same situation again? I don’t really understand where this issue has come from in her past, but what I do know is theres no doubt that I want something to happen with her. She has never had a proper relationship before and it might just be I just feel like im treading on eggshells every time I try and move it forward a bit. What do you think I can do in order to move this to a point where she is past her commitment issues and wont push me away?

Quote Originally Posted by ste_123 View Post
    What do you think I can do in order to move this to a point where she is past her commitment issues and wont push me away?
    Find a girlfriend that's really into you because this once clearly isn't. After a few days you should either be heading towards physical intimacy. And you're clearly not. Sounds pretty bloody clear to me.