+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trying to get back together with my ex boyfriend. i feel like hes the only guy for me

trying to get back together with my ex boyfriend. i feel like hes the only guy for me

Hello my name is Amanda.

Here is my problem :/

My ex boyfriend and I broke up in April 2012 which was 1 year and 5 months and some days after being together dating. The breakup was my fault. I said during a fight that we should breakup and he went along and actually broke up with me. I really didn't mean it. Anyways we recently started texting each other and that lead to me hanging out with him in person at his house last Monday. Everything felt the same and all feelings for him came back to me. I know my ex still loves me too from randomly saying he missed me to lie about having a new girlfriend who according to him "looked excatly like me". I know he lied because during that time I saw his aunt at a bus stop and she told me he was single. I would love for us to be a happy couple again and I don't care if people say its a bad idea because ive tried dating and it failed and I still love my ex too much to put him in the past. People are mean to me too saying I'm better off without him but I know how I feel and that isn't going to change. This might sound cheesy but my love for my ex is like the love Steve Urkel has for Laura Winslow in Family Matters. But how should I go about this? He did give me permission to text him but he seemed too tired from his work tonight so I let him be. Oh I'm also 19 years old and he is 20.

Thank you for all of your help. I just don't know how to start fixing things and I even found out a reason why he broke up with me and I want to put a stop because I realized it too. I want to prove I can be his. It hurts not to be with him. Like I asked how can I start fixing things? Thank you again

Well, you need to stop trying to provoke someone by saying things you don't mean. Why would you say you wanted to break up if you didn't mean it? That's not being open or honest. Women have this fantasy a lot of the time where we want a man to fight for us and reaffirm their feelings. So, is there a chance when you told this guy you wanted to break up, that you were hopin that he would fight for you and say "No. I love you, I don't want that. please don't go?". Because that is a dangerous road you're taking if so. You got what you asked for, even if you didn't mean it. I say tell him what you're feeling, why you said what you said and what you want now and leave it up to him. If he wants to be with you, then he will make more of an effort after you tell him how you feel. Don't ask his family about him. He told you about a GF either to make you jealous or throw you off and it sounds like he just isn't ready right now to come back. But, give him the option right now and if it's yes, then great. If not, then move on and do not leave a door open.