+ Follow This Topic

Thread: These last two years...

These last two years...

My name is Ian. I'm 13. Here's my story. Rewind to 7th grade. 2011. Two weeks before the spring dance. I begin to ask out my long time crush, Hannah. Before asking her, she tells me that she knows what I'm going to ask, and it's no. However, before walking away in defeat, she says: Alexis likes you. I think to myself: Alexis? I had never really talked to her before. Anyways, I asked her out and she said yes. From there, we got to know each other. It was the happiest moment of my life. Well.. The first day of summer came, and she broke up with me, which sent me into a deep depression. Over the course of 8th grade, I hid my depression unknowingly by making fun of her constantly. She had done things with some guys the year before, and I won't go into specifics on that. Fast forward to 1 month ago. My gf at the time was Bri. We broke up mutually and went our separate ways. Then, I saw alexis's face. I remembered all the good times we had. I remembered how terribly I treated her. I started to bawl my eyes out when I got home. I realized that no matter how hard I tried, I would never get over her. I told her how sorry I was, and she forgave me. I asked her out the next day. She said yes. We've been together for a little over a month now. It's the happiest month I've experienced so far. I know a lot of you are thinking that im crazy, and that we wont last since we just finished 8th grade, and we are now going into freshman year at HS.. But I don't care. I want to be with this person for the rest of my life. I can't stop thinking about her. I just wanted to share my story with you guys. Thanks for reading.

Of course everyone feels they want to be with the person they are with for the rest of your life when a relationship is new, this feeling is very common. But as time goes on, you change, they change, you develop new interests, your personality changes....it's all part of growing up and growing old. We are constantly changing through out our whole life and how we see things. The same goes for relationships. We fall in love, and we fall out of love. You may not see it or believe it right now because you don't have the years of experience behind you. Every part of your life goes in cycles, things begin and things end, just like relationships. The reality is that relationships will come and go in your life too. This one will end and so will the next and so on. This is how we prepare for adult life and marriage. You need to go through different relationships to develop, to learn how a good relationship works and what it truly takes to work for the long haul. So enjoy this moment in your life, and learn from it.....that is all you can do for now.