Hi guys, this is my first post so please bear with me while I attempt to explain my situation. Also bear in mind that I have never had a girlfriend outside of the fourth grade (a relationship that lasted for about five hours during valentine's day).

I met this girl 5 months ago in college when we were both looking to join an engineering team and since then we've been talking regularly since 2 months ago (start of new semester and now in the same classes) considering we're pursuing the same degree and will probably see each other everyday for the next 3-4 years. I was surprised to learn that she has her private pilot's license, and me, wanting to fly ever since I was a kid, was very impressed and took it upon myself to work on getting my license as well (with her help). Through conversation I also found out that she's into the same nerdy stuff that I am such as LOTR, ASOIAF, Anime, Star Trek, and scientific news in general. However, my heart sank when she mentioned that she had a boyfriend of 5 years during one of our conversations.

Fast forwarding a bit, I find out (on Facebook) that she just broke up her with boyfriend, and I'm slightly ashamed to say that I was excited when I saw it. I have a feeling that she likes me considering that she always starts conversations with me asking how my weekend/flight lesson went as well as laughing at my lame jokes. We also spend considerable time after school to do homework (pretty much everyday), just the two of us, though I'm not sure whether or not she is just being studious. Although there was this one time when we were working on a long assignment on the day of her best friend's birthday and she chose to stay with me in an attempt to finish (even when her then-boyfriend and her friends we're calling/texting her to do the assignment later) at the cost of her being 1 hour late to the party.

That's it regarding the details of my love situation and I would really appreciate some help on how to go about this now that she's recently single. Again bear in mind that I have never had a girlfriend, I have had crushes on girls during high school but they always had boyfriends but my feelings are different towards this one. Ever since I met her, I just want to continuously better myself. I am not nervous around her at all and I can just be myself comfortably and I just love spending time with her even when it's just in school. We're pretty good friends now to the point where we can make jokes about each other. I don't want to ruin our friendship if I reveal my feelings to her and ask her out sometime from now when she might not feel the same way considering that I may actually be in the friendzone. I apologize for the long post but I really need help for this one because she is honestly the most amazing woman I have ever met. Thanks.