+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can I message her again?

Can I message her again?

So I noticed this girl at a reception I was at checking me out. Through a friend I heard that she liked me and I ended up asking her out (went on about 4-5 dates, made out a few times) and things were going well....untill...I screwed it up by getting mad and confronted her for not messaging me for over a week (she was busy with work, family and friends and thats why she couldn't message, and I realized that I was the idiot for not giving her space...she didn't owe me anything, especially after 4-5 times of hanging out). When I went to appologize to her, she said that she was the one that was sorry for being neglectful and said that she may not be ready for anything.

I wanted to reconcile with her so I waited about a month (wanted to give her time and space). I messaged her and said "Hi, how are u, hope all is well." She repsonded by saying "Hi, its been a while how are you?"
    The problem was when I told her how my day was going, I didn't hear back from her.

Its been about a couple of weeks since...there is a part of me that still wants to msg her, but there is a big part of me that wants to drop it. Since she didn't respond to my second text and havent heard from her since, I probably should drop it, right? I've never tried to reconcile with someone so I don't know the exact protocol in this circumstance...that why I need your help. We did have some things in common and had a good time...I just spooked her initally. If you were me would you say Hi again - or leave it?!

I would probably just leave it. If she was really interested you wouldn't have had any issues with her not responding in the first place.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if she hasn't messaged you for over a week in the beginning of the relationship - she wasn't interested in the first place
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

maybe its best to move on... You should have not done that in the first place. I mean its too small of a deal to get mad.

Sonrisa's right. You weren't right to be upset when she didn't message you for a week... But you should not have accepted her excuse about work and school. Nobody's THAT busy. She simply wasn't that into you. It was time to move on then, and it's still time to move on.

This is just new territory for me...in the past I've always knew when a relationship was over and it was easy to move on.
    In this case, we had such a good time the last time we saw each other...then all this nonsense happened. Most have said just to move on...I don't know if I'm ready to give up that easy. Again...I've never tried to reconcile with someone so this is new to me....but at the same time don't want to look desperate while doing it.

I have gone on a couple of dates since in hopes maybe ill get over her but for some reason, I'm not putting necessary effort with these girls because I'm still thinking about her.