+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long question asking for advice!

Long question asking for advice!

So, on Saturday just gone I was out drinking from like 6PM til 5AM, with this group of people I've never actually been around before properly even though it was only down my local. However, a girl from my childhood was there from when I was about 12-13 and I had a crush on her big time back then and tried really hard to get with her, as much as you can when you're at such a young age. So after a few drinks, we got dancing, and then kissing, buying her a few drinks and all that and then I found out she hadn't long broke up with her boyfriend, now a mutual friend of ours tole me that "She hasn't been with him for like a month" But on her facebook they had only broke up a few hours before going out accordingly. So I mentioned it and she went with the month thing too, may be legit I'm not too sure. So I walked her home at about 5 in the morning and then was sat on her doorstep for about 30-40 minutes just talking and she said "I'm off to Turkey on Monday" Making conversation and I found out her ex is going too, and me being drunk said "You'll probably be back together when you come back then" And she said, "no. I doubt it, I don't think I want to." I also asked her would she consider going on a date with me too, prior to the new batman movie coming out.. We're both sort of nerdy people so I thought maybe it would be nice enough to do together.

Now these past 3 days I can't stop thinking about her and I also can't stop thinking am I just a rebound, from her ex, or was she being serious with me too? It felt nice when I was with her and I haven't felt like that with a girl in a long long time, I go out and get around some women sometimes and it's just a kiss to me but after me and her spoke all night it felt much nicer.

Do you think I should let this whole thing fly? Or see if she's still single when she gets back from Turkey and offer to take her out on a date?

And do you think I'm being silly for being so led on after something like this that has just passed? I'm feeling lost because maybe to her it was just a drunken thing, but to me it was such a great night haha.

Thank you, any more questions ask away and I will answer them!

What did she say when you asked her if she would consider going on a date with you?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    What did she say when you asked her if she would consider going on a date with you?
    Hey, thanks for replying!

Well although we were drunk she said yeah and all it's just such an awkward predicament as you can see haha.

My main concern is that she is in Turkey with her ex, and it's left me in hope that she comes back single.

This girl would just be another sort of fling to me if she wasn't a sort of childhood sweetheart in the past.

Sorry to be impatient, anyone else fancy their input?

You have to decide if the chance is worth taking. You may be a rebound, so you could wait, but it may also be your chance to have a shot with this girl. If someone else gets in there and you lose your shot, you'll be really choked.

Go for it, and take it slow to see what she really wants.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    You have to decide if the chance is worth taking. You may be a rebound, so you could wait, but it may also be your chance to have a shot with this girl. If someone else gets in there and you lose your shot, you'll be really choked.

Go for it, and take it slow to see what she really wants.
    Yeah I suppose, I'll wait thanks. I'll wait til she gets home and hope.

It's weird, it was only a drunken night and I can't stop thinking about her.