+ Follow This Topic

Thread: After 2 years he still doesnt love me :(

After 2 years he still doesnt love me :(

I've been in a long distance relationship for 2 years.
    It started out great, but then we started fighting (I was becoming jealous and paranoid because he didnt want to put pictures with us on facebook or he didnt want to put 'in a relationship' or that he kept adding hundreds of girls on Facebook. Because of the fighting, he said he doesnt love me, that he didnt have the chance to get close to me. Lately(in the last 6 months or so) we stopped fighting, although nothing changed..he adds about 3-4 random girls *a day, *(and he adds of course just the good looking girls..and most of them live in his town) but I simply stopped caring..*
    After this 6 months without a single fight and after a 2 year relationship *I asked him again if he loves me but he still said no. *He said he doesn't want to lie to me..which in a way I appreciate it.. He calls me every day, we meet about once a month, but that's about it. He is the 'strong man type' that doesnt want to talk about his feelings, who thinks that saying 'I miss you' shows that you are weak and so on.. The thing is that I tried so many times to break up with him, most of the time he was the one who didn't let me. We had conversations like 'ok, so if you don't love me, I have to let you go, please dont call me again, bye' and the next day he would call me and I, weak as I am, would answer and we would talk like nothing happened. And that happened like 20 times.
    I know he doesn't love me, and it's not that he's saying that, he also doesnt show it (he doesnt make nice things for me, no gifts, no surprises, no trips, no efforts to meet more often although we live only 5 hours away by train) and so on. It is like a sickness, I love him so much and I can't let him go.
    Deep down I hoped things will change but now I don't know. I am also 27, he's 26.. I am thinking about my future as well,he's not.. Sometimes I think this is wrong for me, and sometimes I think 'oh, maybe if I wait a little more..'
    I would love your opinion.. Many thanks!

Does he HAVE to love you? LOve s not a obligation kid!

Get to know what love is before you talk about it and search for it.

Cause u dont even know what that is.

And if he is not IN-LOVE with you anymore , what do you want us to do about it? Leave or stay and let him use u.
    Some people love to be treated like a dog! Even tho the guy told them he dont even like them!
    in that case dont complain stay and shut up!

OP, it's your fault if you are still in this "relationship", which is making you feel miserable. Break up with him and do not answer if he calls. It really is that simple.

There is something wrong with you.....you don't/refuse to listen, and the fact it takes 2 years for you to realize this has been all a sham. Are you that desperate for a BF? You really have no self esteem because most girls would have dropped him at the first sign of trouble.

Listen (if you can) LDR's are a waste of time. You cannot tell if they are with someone else or what they are doing. It is very easy for them to lie about anything. If you two were having sex when he came to see you then that is the reason he kept you on the line. Guys will do and say anything to get sex. The writing was on the wall when there was no "relationship" status or pictures posted. That is a tell tail sign he wanted to keep his options open for other girls. It is what it is. He is not a rat bastard, you are the fool. You brought this onto yourself....you only have yourself to blame. He told you straight out he didn't love you......this was a casual relationship, not a committed one. There were no signs of it ever being one.

Go no contact. Push yourself away from the computer and develop a new life away from the screen. Join a club, take up a hobby, go to the gym, do volunteer work, take dancing lessons, learn to play guitar....anything to get you out and meeting new people.

Hell try speed dating or have your friends (if you have any) to fix you up with single guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
    I am also 27, he's 26.. I am thinking about my future as well,he's not.. Sometimes I think this is wrong for me, and sometimes I think 'oh, maybe if I wait a little more..'
    I would love your opinion.
    My opinion - by the age of 27 I would have thought you'd be capable of acting like a grown up. Obviously not. Now put on your big girl pants, stop being a child and end this sham of a relationship.

You need to grow up your confidence to speak with him boldly and ask him as whats the reason behind after 2 years also he is not in love and if you are finding it difficult then simply break up with him.