+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybdy in a committed LDR ??

Anybdy in a committed LDR ??

U care to share the challenges,ups and downs,stress uv encountered in the relationship, sacrifices uv made.
    How do u keep it fun,romantic and lively.
    Thanx in advance

Bump Bumpz, anybody?

long distance relationship works for some but failed for many...

"Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I was in a long distance relationship with my bf for 3-4months (Yes it was short time...) but seriously if you love someone that much then it is extremely hard to have a long distance relationship because you would want to be with that person/see that person so much, but because of the distance it is really hard.
    I saw my bf probably every 2 weeks and after 3-4 months, I end up moving where he is and we have been living together ever since then.
    I supposed our relationship worked because, we had plans of one of us moving to the same area/closer in the future.
    And also we did speak everyday for couple of hours a day and saw each other often.
    We weren't sure that our relationship would actually work after we moved in together though.

By keeping it fun/lively/romantically is hard in a way, but if you have good trust and communication and understand each other then it's good.
    But you need to see each other often or have some kind of future plans where one of you will move to where one you is or I don't think it is worth having a long distance relationship because if you don't see each other often/have some kind of plans that you two will be living close to each other then you are kind of wasting your time being in the relationship.

I've been in a LDR for 8 months now. We see each other twice a year at this stage, for about 3-4 weeks each time, as we live in different countries. In 2014 I will be moving to his country, when I have finished my studies.

So far it is going well but I find the time just after visiting and then returning home to be the most difficult as we spend 24/7 together then all of a sudden pulled apart. That feeling is a bit weird and I pine for him for a while after that but before too long life takes its normal rythym again and things settle down.

We make sure we have some sort of communication every day whether it's MSN, txt, Skype whatever - even if it's just a ten minute chat to say hi. And always, always say goodnight.

As for keeping it fun/romantic I don't really think about this coz I'm head over heels and any chance I get to speak to him I find fun and romantic

Hope this helps. Care to share your experience?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    I've been in a LDR for 8 months now. We see each other twice a year at this stage, for about 3-4 weeks each time, as we live in different countries. In 2014 I will be moving to his country, when I have finished my studies.

So far it is going well but I find the time just after visiting and then returning home to be the most difficult as we spend 24/7 together then all of a sudden pulled apart. That feeling is a bit weird and I pine for him for a while after that but before too long life takes its normal rythym again and things settle down.

We make sure we have some sort of communication every day whether it's MSN, txt, Skype whatever - even if it's just a ten minute chat to say hi. And always, always say goodnight.

As for keeping it fun/romantic I don't really think about this coz I'm head over heels and any chance I get to speak to him I find fun and romantic

Hope this helps. Care to share your experience?
    2014 is long away....and he is living in different country.
    I hope things will work out well for you!

But I agree... returning home by yourself and saying good bye is really hard....it's really sad too.

yeah.....hope it works out because if it doesnt? You wasted alot of good times

What do you mean wasted a lot of good times? I am having a great time being in a r/ship with him. Even if we broke up I'd cherish those good times. I am older too, so I tend to see good times a bit differently these days.

Anyway, lots of non-LDR fail all the time.

Thanks for the well-wishes Saya. I'm glad you were able to move closer to your partner after such a short time.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I'm talking about the times you aren't together ....the other 70% of the year . Anyway.....good luck

Thanks Surf. Hope you're getting some waves over there. I'm from the West Coast of Aus and it's becoming harder and harder to enter the ocean here due to sharks. 5 fatal attacks in 10 months. Scary stuff.

That's sucks! It has to be some anomaly! We've had several hurricane swells from Mexico lately.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Thanks Surf. Hope you're getting some waves over there. I'm from the West Coast of Aus and it's becoming harder and harder to enter the ocean here due to sharks. 5 fatal attacks in 10 months. Scary stuff.
    Jeez so dangerous....

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in one since over 1,5 years and all I can say it costs money, commitment and you have to work harder than in a simple relationship. Besides there are certain rules, that have to be followed.
    And I hope you are talking about LDR where 2 people are together after for some reason they aren't and then they are back together . Don't confuse LDR with some freaky online relationships cause it's not the same.
    I wazzzz here

Thanx all. And nope am not talkn abt freaky online relatnshp, lol. work took him farther from me...I try to keep tinz as romantic as possible but its not as easy as a SDR.
    So far its fun all the way...and yes it costs money and takes a lot of commitment...but we are enjoying every bit of it.
    We have plans of moving together soon.

But truly...it hasn't bn easy, thr are so many times I just wanna be wt him, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast