+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you heal a broken heart ??

Can you heal a broken heart ??

My husband and I have been married for 11 years . We married , had a baby , and have lived on our own since we were 16 . We have had 5 children now 1 of which passed away . He is the best man I know and I would do anything to make him happy . We have had a lot of ups and down over the years . About 5 years ago we had a long split because of our lack of communication . During this split we both had sex and/or relationships with other people . It was very detrimental to our relationship and when we did reconcile it took alot of work to get past it and we had several hard ships along the way . And several more short splits due to anger and hurt but we did move past it . Atleast I thought we did . When I made a decision to forgive my husband I forgave him 100% for everything and I forgave the other people to and made a choice to not let it run my life anymore . I love my husband and I dont care what he did when we werent together . But he struggles with it . Anytime anything comes up in our relationship it will take him back to that place and I can see the sadness in his face and the pain he is in . I know that he loves me but he lets this eat him up inside and he doesnt trust me . I feel like im not the kind of person that could ever hurt or lie or disrespect anyone but if that true why have I done so many stupid things that have hurt him , and why dont I show him the respect he deserves . I see what im doing wrong and I plan to change but how can I help him believe in me ? How do I help him let go of the past ? How do I put the smile back in his face and take the worry out of his mind ? Can I still make him happy ? I know what ive done wrong and I am here for him now but my communication skills have sucked up untill now . But I am doing everything I can to show him I can be and will be better . DO you think theres hope for him and I to find our way ?

Kit is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    There's always hope. Have you talked to a relationship counsellor?

We have tried that in the past and neither of us found it to be very helpful . But I am doing alot of reading and alot of writing .

Depend on the situation. You can heal from a broken heart but it really a case by case basis.