+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl Not Interested in a Relationship - Mixed Feelings?

Girl Not Interested in a Relationship - Mixed Feelings?

There's a girl that I've known for about a year now. I'm 16, she's 15, and we're both in high school. The thing about this is that we've never actually met in person. We met online and right now can only talk online or over the phone. Now before you say anything about how meeting people online is bad and all that, we both know that. Over this year we've gained trust in each other and have become really good friends. We do live in the same state though, about an hour away, so it's likely that eventually we'd be able to meet each other in person.

This girl and I have tons in common, and she's beautiful, and I would really like to take it further. Obviously the distance limits this, so my plan is/was to wait until we're both out of high school and we both have a driver's license and it's easier to see each other. So it will be a while, but I'm really interested in going out with her at some point. I was planning on telling her that sometime soon too, tell her that I'd really want to go out with her, obviously only if she wanted to, and that the distance is the only thing keeping me from asking her out.

A new issue with that recently came up though. She recently said (Not directly to me, just in a Facebook status) something along the lines of She just wants to have a guy best friend, but it can never happen because eventually they always get feelings. There's the issue, I want to be her best friend (for now at least), except I have feelings for her, and I have a feeling she knows that.

Do you think I should still tell her what I was planning to tell her? That I really had feelings for her and that the distance is the only thing keeping me from going out with her right now, or because of that status, should I just keep it to myself now? Any other advice or suggestions with the whole situation is also greatly appreciated. The only thing stopping me is the distance and the circumstances of how we met; I don't want to creep her out, and the last thing I would ever want to do is lose contact with her.

Also, another question, kinda of a part two where the "Mixed Feelings" part may come in.

When we were last on a video chat it was with 3 of her friends, 2 guys, and one other girl. She kept referring to me as her "Boyf" (Short for boyfriend I have to assume) pretty much the whole night (which I don't mind obviously, haha) Also we have a few songs that are kinda ours. When one of these songs came on (I was playing them), she kept saying "Someone's playing our song!" or "Oh this is gonna be our wedding song!" and things like that, (Again, I don't mind that).

Then today, she was texting me from some huge event near her, i don't know if it's a concert or a fair or carnival or what, but she was saying how she kept seeing all these kids younger than her dating while she's just there alone and saying she'll be forever alone and stuff like that; to me, that almost seemed like she was trying to imply something, like she wants to be dating, but she was saying that to me.

Yet I'm still confused about that, because she's kept saying the numerous times on Facebook or twitter that she doesn't want a boyfriend, just a guy best friend. It almost seems like she's sort of sending mixed signals, and it's confusing the hell out of me. Any help would be appreciated.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!

She lives an hour away and in the last year you've managed not to meet each other at all? Why the hell not. My GF lives 40 minutes away. I see her about twice a week.
    Get a life and date real people instead of this

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    She lives an hour away and in the last year you've managed not to meet each other at all? Why the hell not. My GF lives 40 minutes away. I see her about twice a week.
    Get a life and date real people instead of this
    I do have a life, thank you for the concern, and you and I are just different I guess. I was looking more for advice on the things that I posted rather than to basically be told to forget about the girl that I'd really like to start dating and to get a life. As stated in my post, I'm 16, she's 15. Neither of us can drive, and while our parents know we talk to each other and how we met online, do you really think they're going to drive either of us an hour out of the way to go meet somebody that we met online? Our parents wouldn't, and who knows our parents better than their own kids? So how do you propose we see each other?

Not to be disrespectful considering I'm new and you seem to be an experienced and well respected member, but I came here for help, not to be insulted. If you're not gonna help, then please just go post somewhere else.
    Last edited by EMTinNJ; 14-08-12 at 01:50 PM.

Are there no trains or busses where you live?

Anyway, when she complainned about being lonely it sounds like she was trying to get you to reassure her that you like her and you want to be her "boyf". Girls do ****ing stupid stuff all the time and expect guys to know what it means and how to react - you'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCafeTerrace View Post
    Are there no trains or busses where you live?

Anyway, when she complainned about being lonely it sounds like she was trying to get you to reassure her that you like her and you want to be her "boyf". Girls do ****ing stupid stuff all the time and expect guys to know what it means and how to react - you'll get used to it.
    Thanks for your reply. There are trains and busses in my town, but the closest train station and bus stop to her is still a 25 minute drive. I live in a urban town while she lives in more of a suburban, almost sort of rural town.

As for the second part, that definitely makes sense. She has done similar things in the past, so it makes sense. Thank you!

Is there a a public transportation method for you to get to her? If so, stop making excuses, and go.

There honestly isn't an easy or direct one. Trust me, more than anything I would love to go, but like I said the closest I can get on a train or bus is still a 25 minute drive. I'll have my driver's license in October, so driving really isn't an option until then; maybe it's just worth waiting until October.