+ Follow This Topic

Thread: parents disliking my relationship.

parents disliking my relationship.

Hello friends, I am stuck in a problem. I love this girl and even she loves me, she is my mothers friends daughter. I know her from childhood. She lives in different city, our family meets for a few days many times in a year on different occasions.

I fell in love with her on the occasion of my brothers engagement ceremony-a year ago. After that her family visited my place many times. I visited her place many times. Then the last time when she visited my place like 3 months ago. She told me that she loves me, and she had a crush on me from her childhood itself.

We have been chatting everyday, through text and facebook, and talk on cell phone. Though we could not meet each other in this time.

She is 15 and I am 20. She told me that if anyone in her family come to knew about this relationship then they will not allow her talk to me. Since her family has a mindset of like being in a relationship before 18-19yrs is not good, and her Parents are very strict also.

Now one day her dad reads the texts from her cell. He took away her cell. Complained to my parents. And keeps an eye on her daughters online activity. Plus makes her feel guilty about this. Now she send me the last Facebook message. that her dad knows, please do not message me.

We do not have any contact since then its been a month.
    Her mother is going to visit my house the next week to help my mother in preparation of my brothers marriage. Which is the next month and they have also refused to bring their daughter to the marriage because of me. Thus making a distance between us. Further even she is not trying to contact me any more. The last message from her was I Love U Sooooooooooo much.. So she definitly loves me alot.

Now how should i convince her parents.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You won't be able to convince her parents. She is 15, and too young to be involved with you. Your unwillingness to respect her family rules will likely impact the entire family on both sides, and may result in the loss of all of their friendships. I think you should apologize, and stay away from this child.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm not sure about the laws in your country, but in mine you would have been arrested as a sex offender/ pedophile. She is a 15 year old GIRL, you are an ADULT.....you shouldn't be dating a child. She has no clue what love is, she is infatuated, that's how little girls are...she has no experience, she is immature....... if she was mature enough, she would know how wrong this is. Grow the f uck up, and date WOMEN your own age.

Your Point is right. Our parents are also absolutely right. She's just a child. Even i feel that its all my mistake, because of my immaturity even she's now suffering emotionally. And BTW her dad is a lawyer and also very strict. He might have sued me anyhow if our parents were not good friends. Though i have never dated her, i had just text and chat and a few calls.
    I have to apologize to them.
    Can you guide me what things to keep in mind while talking to them and what statements will make my apology satisfying to them, and how to again make our family relation strong as it was before.

Make sure you assure them that it was a mistake, and there won't be any more contact or any responses to messages from her. And mention that you learned a very valuable lesson from all this and you feel ashamed for being responsable for hurting her feelings.