+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with my boss? God, someone help..

In love with my boss? God, someone help..

About 6 months ago, I started working for my city's newspaper company, by a referral from a friend. That "friend" was the guy I was dating at the time, but considering that he turned out to be a total ass, it didn't exactly last long. There, I met one of my managers, and we quickly became friends. We used to hang out with our other managers outside of work, and maybe 4 months ago, he showed an interest in me. We began dating unofficially, and of course, in secret from our coworkers.

Honestly, I don't think i've ever been so comfortable and happy with a man as I was in that time. Though he has a history for being quite the playboy, he proved to be different with me. He decided that we wouldn't have sex until we were in an official relationship, and shared many intimate details about his family and past with me. Not to mention, he was risking his job by dating me.

Things ended in a way that never made sense to me. On the monday, we were together, going out for lunch and spending time, and on the thursday, he ended things. What he said, was that we couldn't be together with me because of work, since he was currently in the process of moving up in the company. He also said that he was "indecisive" and didn't want to hurt me. I was so caught off guard, on the Sunday of that week, we were talking about making it official, then this? I was obviously upset, and after that, we avoided talking to one another for some time.

Since then, the majority of my coworkers have found out about our having dated, and i've just found out recently that his boss also knew. When he told me that, I obviously wondered if his boss must've told him to cut me off completely. But on the other hand, my coworkers who really don't know him well are CONVINCED that he's not a good guy to love. It's difficult for me because he was so gentle and kind with me, he never wanted to hurt me or touch me indecently, so I can't really understand.

It's been two months now and I'm still not over him, though he's clearly over me. He's made note of telling me a few times that he has no social life because of work and still hasn't a new girlfriend. I don't know what to do, I don't want to let go of my feelings for him, because my gut tells me that things will change for the better with time, but is this just wishful thinking?

Hopelessly waiting, at the moment..

Ahahahahhahaha, Girl you are stupid!

Those feelings you discripe are feelings everybody have in the begining. Its
    normal INLOVE feelings(like feeling like you have never felt like that before and stuff).

So noting special!

And you are new at the place. How can you go crazy like that?
    I hope your stuff dont end up in the news paper 2 . hahahahhaah lol.

And you are new blood. But you act like you know it best.
    Like they tell you how he is, but you keep thinking you are special.
    And sounds to me like you are not the first one , at work that he
    had romance with.

And he is a smart men. For him to jump off the train before losing his promotion for a
    stupid new bee that wants to do everything and believe everything in a new situation.

You have to be happy that you did not lose your job!
    And i it look like he was under pressure of his boss to end this thing.
    Witch is a good decision. cause it all will have influence on the other workers and his position and
    authority.

So you thought you can play at work and have romance. but forgot this is business!
    He knows that so he choose for shore for his job.
    Its noting weird. Cause at the end you both are there to work. Not to
    sleep around and have romance.
    And he have more to lose at his job then with you!

It may be hard. But sock it. You knew it wasn't a good idea to start meeting him and romance stuff.(otherwise you would
    not done it in secret).
    And you cant risc much for this dude. Cause it doesn't sound to me like he is willing to risk much for you.
    And there is no strong feeling and intentions there.

Cause if there was something like that, he would have at least take you apart to
    talk to you more openly about not seeing each other anymore.
    And after that ignore you.

So i dont see a reason for you to make a sacrifice to be with this dude.
    Like change work, or ask for them to put you at another department.
    so you 2 can be together and have less to do with his position there.

Cause i think you dont know if its wort it. and he is not showing a real
    desire to be with you.

Cheeks is pretty much spot on for the most part.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest