Hi,

I've found out something monday about my boyfriend. I found pictures in his briefcase . They were about his wedding he was forced into last november.He went on vacation to see his parents in france and then when to algeria to see his family. let me explain. He is Algerian and I'm canadian. He told me when we started dating a year ago, that he was single for about 4 months. he told me that an ex of his threatened him to commit suicide if he didn't marry her and left her. She knew his parents and family since it's a small city in algeria. Well the pics i found where of him and that girl getting married, there are only about 10 pics. when he came home I confronted him that night and he said that he's been wanting to tell me for a while and that, it's an arranged marrage. that it's the girl that threatend him and she went to his parents and whi told them that if he didn't marry her she would kill herself. So his parents said that he has no choice but to marry her. He swore that he never kissed her and that he hasn't slept with her either. I could see that from the look in his eyes and the way he answered that he was telling me the truth.in the pics I could see that he never seams to look at her directly and that while he puts a ring on her finger he is not even looking at her and he doesn't even have a ring on his finger in any of the pics. and he only as one guy witness and his parents and his friend is wearing a leather jacket and jeans and his parents aren't dressed for a wedding. He has a normal suit on and she's the only one that has a real wedding dress.

my bf has been so caring and always thinking about me and taking care of me since the beginning. He has so much respect for me and he would never do anything to heart me. So that's why i'm confused

My other problem is that i found some papers that he filled for immigration to have her come to canada. I was very hurt . he told me that he didn't have a choice that she wouldn't be able to have a life in algeria anymore that her family would reject her and no man would want to marry her. He made a deal with her so she could have a better life here. But I must admite it really made me cry my brains out. I told him that he is nuts that he is naive if he thinks that she will come here in peace and just leave him alone , that's not going to happen, she's obssessed with him. I told him that she will manipulate him and make his life miserable and that she will find any excuse to always need you to have a shoulder to cry on etc....to get back to the pics, in the immigration papers, it says that there where about 60 people attending the wedding and an Imam that did the ceremony. all the pics only have 5 people in it and you never even see the Imam in the pics nor any guest. what do you think?

I said I hope you didn't intend on going to pick her up at the airport and have her live in your appartment and he said well yes where else is she supposed to go. I told him to just forget that it won't happen, i will not accept that at all. i even told him that he should cancel the immigration stuff. i told him that no one will know why the request was refused but you since you are the one that made the demande. But he didn,t seem willing to do it. I told him he will be responsable for her for 3 years. she will come between us, she will never accept that you have a gf. she will cause us problems it will be a living hell.
I told him to promise me that he will not keep anything from me concerning the girl and that any decision that needs to be made or what solution we should take, that we will take together. he said yes.

Well that was monday, ever since i've been crying when i'm alone and I keep looking at the pics and they make me cry even more. I told him we need to talk more because i have a lot of questions and worries that need to be answered. he said yes we will. Well saturday he's coming over and I need to talk about it cause i've been really sad inside. I cry every night looking at the pics and just imagining them.

I know you will all say you are so naive or stupid, just get reed of the guy. but could this situation be reall? I've seen his brother and his friends and I asked him if his parents knew about me (they live in France) he said yes of course. He has met my mother and my sister and we went on vacation with his brother and december 15th we are going to florida and next year to France to see his parents and brothers and sisters.

I just need some of your opinions cause i don't want to be had. if you know of some questions i can ask him that will confirm his is saying the truth of not.

thanks Lynda