+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Slept With My Friends ''FWB'' (Friend with benefits)

T-J is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

I Slept With My Friends ''FWB'' (Friend with benefits)

Ok, first off it's my first post. So hello everyone! My name's TJ.

I am in a real situation right now, I am lost, confused. I've hurt the only friend I have.

-- Here's a backstory --

I have started studying abroad, as an international student for 4 years.

I have a complicated relationship with my gf, she is studying in my home country and we have come to the mutual agreement even though we're together, we're free to do as we please while we're apart.

I'm currently in my second year, and i'm missing my gf more and more.

Now here's the issue:

Since I arrived I have made a really great friend, he's a couple of years older than me, more mature, wiser, a good laugh, we can talk about anything. I see him like I see my older brother. Both of us being foreigners to where we are studying, I know he considers me a close friend of his too.

He has a unique way of dating girls. There is no bs with him, he loves women's company and normally nothing gets too serious between him and the girl. He technically ''dates'' more than one girl at a time. The women he see's are fine with it as they make agreements and discuss what he/she wants from this relationship.
    (You could say he has multiple FWB's ''friends with benefits'' at one time)

One girl he has been seeing, I slept with one night after a party about 2 weeks ago. We were both drunk and being in my situation i'm in, i'm free to do as I please. It was only a one night thing.

But, part of me knew what I did was wrong.

I told him everything, exactly what happened, the situation.

After talking, I realized I stepped over the line. I was disrespectful and he told me he expected more from me. I had broken a bro code of some kind.
    I'm still young and quite inexperienced when it comes to handling situations like this or things I should/shouldn't do.

I know he told me that out of all the other people we could have slept with, it was the 2 of us. His close friend + a girl he's been seeing.

I really didn't know what I thought his reaction was going to be, but it caught me off guard when it turned out he was disappointed in me...

I feel like I have deceived and made a fool of my only real friend here. Our relationship is what I want to fix, it's my priority. There is no future with this girl and I so keeping my buddy is all I want :/

I have told him that if/when he wants to talk to me again i'll be waiting. I want to give him some space and some time to think.

Flame/hate/negative comments towards me are allowed.
    I just want people's honest opinion. I havnt seen on any forums a situation quite like this - hence why I have made this post.

I hope someone rational can deduce a solution or what i should do.
    I feel so terrible right now.

Thank you

JB9 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You stepped over what line, bro code? Please, your friend sleeps with anyone that lets him and terms it FWB and thinks he's cool. He isn't, he's a player (hope he wraps it up). I hope you wrapped it up too. FYI, you didn't owe him an explanation.

You didn't do anything wrong. These women are just his "friends" (with benefits). You're his friend, too. I don't see why his friends can't have fun together, too.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Well, he's got one helluva nerve thinking that he owns any of these women. Who they choose as their flavor of the night is none of his business and how dare he try and restrict who they do by imposing some "bros before hoes" dictum on THEM!

Tell him that you're disappointed that he's disappointed and that you hope he gets over that so that you can resume your bro-hood. It's certainly not your fault that these women are not decerning enough to make him their one and only. Imagine he wants to impose a moral code and rules only when it suits him.

It's freaking laughable that he believes that he should be the only Cock in this uncommitted Hen House.

Is your friend a Mormon?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Is your friend a Mormon?
    ... lolzzz ...