+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused, heartbroken and looking for the way to go. Please if you can help

Confused, heartbroken and looking for the way to go. Please if you can help

Hello, I created this account in the hope that I could find advice and some possible answers to my question. I ask myself why should I trust perfect strangers to help me with this, I say I need an unbiased and frank opinion on the current heartbreaking & confusing situation I find myself in. Without going into mass detail, I basically was broken up with, my girlfriend decided she didn't see a future for us. Allow a accept her right to feel this way, I don't think that it is based on logical thinking. Haha! who said love was logical I know. Before we even had chance to discuss the break-up she had already made up her mind. she was unsure of her future, and was uncertain but almost sure i wasn't in it. When trying to ask abit more of the reasons to why she felt this it wasn't met with much more than tears and uncertainty. We have been distant for a couple of week, and have only really been broken up since this week. I'm hurt, and unsure on how to act. do i still talk to her. I would want to remain friends with her, is it wrong to hope for us to remain friends with the chance of reuniting? She seems open to this possibility, are we both fooling ourselves. Is it over? or should I try and figure it out and suggest us taking it slow and seeing if there is a future. I don't want to be hurting anymore, and would hate to give myself hope when I may be hurt again. even more so than before, if thats possible. Basically I'm asking what should my next step be. Should we try and discuss the situation further, and agree that it might not fully be over. Or just forget, try and remain friends but just that?

any advice, or hints as to what is best form of action.

Please, I'm hurting and don't want to lose her.

Cheers,

BOFHICB

You are fooling yourself if you think remaining friends is a good idea. You want to see her dating someone else while you are friends? She broke up with you for a reason....she wants to move on and see what else is out there for her. She has been pondering over this for quite sometime....there's even a possibility she has met someone that has shifted her feelings and is interested in.

Staying friends just prolongs the hurt because it gives false hope. It's like a long slow painful death. It's best to go no contact, keep busy, and start the healing process. Your chances of getting back together are better if you completely let go. Not being available to them can make you more desirable.