+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I maintain No Contact?

Should I maintain No Contact?

Was with a girl for three years planned to have a future together. In fact she was the person who always initiated the ideas of marriage and forever. We ended up falling out, breaking up as she suddenly appeared cynical about our entire relationship and two days later she got with a friend of mine. I'm fairly sure I was left for this person as they had been texting prior but as friends. My ex then refused to speak to me, blocked me on facebook and was extremely horrible and petty in reacting with it all. I begged for the first two weeks, but had no luck and realized that this wouldnt be fixed plus I had to have some dignity. I then, for the sake of myself, stopped contact.

We haven't spoke to each other in 3 weeks now and haven't been together for 5-6 weeks. To be honest I don't wish to be with her again, I know I'm better than the person she is with, it is her loss entirely and I know I will find someone better anyway. They can enjoy their honeymoon period then eventually she will realize her mistake, but its already too late for her. We had a great relationship and I loved her greatly but I cannot trust or feel the same about her again after her actions. While I'm not over the emotional pain of it all because it was quite a horrible breakup being betrayed so much as it was unexpected I'm feeling Much better overall as a person. I was in an extremely bad way shortly prior to the breakup and I feel this period may have influenced her decision as I was fairly depressed. However I have greatly improved and feel much happier. The only issue is we both have the same group of friends etc, we spent every moment together for three years and although we've managed to avoid each.other for a.few weeks now I know that we are going to continuously run into each other in the future.

My question is should I try and get in contact to sort things out and end neutrally on things? I'm thinking.of just asking her to meet for a coffee. Or am I better just dealing with it and just having awkwardness when we see each other? If she says no ill just return to no contact and that'll be it.

I went through this buddy, almost exactly . I'm sorry you're having to go through it as well. It's probably the toughest thing you've ever had to do, but you have to stick with no contact! For your own sake. You'll get over it quicker this way. If she is with a rebound than she'll come crawling back in no time! It will only be awkward when you see her if you let it be awkward. Just be cool, pleasant and nice when you do see her. Even if it's killing you inside. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm still broken hearted months later. But these things happen, bad things happen to good people for no reason at all. All we can do is learn from them, and hope they make us tougher and stronger. Good luck, stay strong!

No, don't try to get in contact with her. All you're going to do is make her think you're still pathetic, trying to get with her. Why do you care if things end neutrally?