+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend texting another woman

Boyfriend texting another woman

I found that my boyfriend had sent some texts to another woman saying he missed her. Context is that he has known her for years - they have the same friends and he met her well before me. She is married and has a child. In the text he wrote

'I'm ok I just miss seeing you ;-) anyway I hope to see you sometime'

I immediately felt that something was going on and confronted him about it. He swore nothing was going on and that he misses her as a friend because he hasn't seen her in a long time. His body language didn't give away any signs that he was lying. He also said that to miss seeing someone is different than to actually miss them.

Any texts from her to him that I've read did not look suspicious in any way. But his text to her did look a bit suspicious I felt.

But still I don't know how others would generally have reacted to this and I'm confused.

sadie_genie Guest
    Seems like just a friendly "i miss you" like not seeing an old friend for a long time.

He really shouldnt be saying he misses another woman when he has a bird. Something is obviously wrong, so you should maybe try upping your game in the boudoir, or make him some better dinners.

We don't live together. Upping my game? I'm more than good enough for him so if he can't see that it's his problem as far as I'm concerned.

You're being silly and Insecure is all. Talk to him about why you are insecure and everything will be fine

Just to add, he is far more jealous than I am. In fact it's his jealousy that gets me suspicious as he is the first boyfriend whose phone I have ever checked. He is always checking up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqueen View Post
    Just to add, he is far more jealous than I am. In fact it's his jealousy that gets me suspicious as he is the first boyfriend whose phone I have ever checked. He is always checking up on me.
    Well that's another thread. Hope you're not qualifying your behavior ?

I don't think I did anything particularly wrong - really who can say they have never checked a phone. It's probably not very healthy that we check up on each other I agree.

Not wrong in the sense that you're a bad person....I meant that I think you're being insecure about this is all

Oh I see what you mean. Well thanks for your perspective.

I can say I've never checked a phone.

Maybe you've invested too much into this relationship. Pull back and make it more casual.

I have checked a few phones...and it's a waste of time. You will always find something that makes you wonder and/or worry. Most of the time what you find is really harmless. I wouldn't worry about what your BF texted....you guys aren't married and you don't even live together....so I am sure you both hold on to some female/male friends from the past. What you should focus on is how he treats you and that's it. It wasn't fair of you to snoop through his phone and then confront him about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Laqueen View Post
    I don't think I did anything particularly wrong - really who can say they have never checked a phone. It's probably not very healthy that we check up on each other I agree.
    Nah, if you go digging in a cemetery you're going to find some bones. Anything can be taken out of context when snooping, and lead you to do it more and more often.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

But, Maple are you saying if you're married you at that point shouldn't have male/female friends any more?

I think you make a fair point about snooping. After all, I was looking to find something so approached it with a negative perspective.

You looked for evidence, then you found it, now youre too chicken to do anything about it. A man doesnt say he misses a bird unless he wants to pump her. Its up to you if you prefer to listen to the little fags in this thread instead of a real man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast