+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I may have fallen in love with my Friend

I may have fallen in love with my Friend

I have been at uni almost 2 months now and i have made some terrific friends both male and female. there is one girl in particular that i like and i found her absolutley stunning when i first saw her. over the following weeks we became good friends and were texting each other all the time. one night i got quite drunk and i asked her out via text, she said we could "see how things go" but nothing really developed and it hasn't been mentioned since. We have a lot in common and we always have a laugh when we are together and there is always flowing banter. However i have noticed that i think about her all the time and after i have sent her a text it seems like an eternity passes before she replies. i am not the most confident guy when it comes to girls (i can talk to them, but dont know what to say or do to get a GF) i am a virgin and have never had a proper GF. but im not one of these guys that is constantly on about sex and stuff. I really want to ask her out and tell her how i feel, but i am afraid of ruining our friendship. I am also worried that if i ask her out and she says yes that i would be a bad BF (not a cheat, just not a great kisser or dissapointing in bed). what should i do?

You should ask her out. The only way to overcome your fears is to face them. Good luck :-)

Ask her out! searock is right, you must face your fears. My dad used to tell me to do something that made me feel uncomfortable at least once a week. Nothing crazy...things like speak my mind in front of a large group or go out to dinner alone...the type of things that will build your confidence. You should try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    ...things like speak my mind in front of a large group or go out to dinner alone...the type of things that will build your confidence. You should try it!
    Your dad sounds like a smart man! Challenging oneself is the only way we grow. Doooo it! And don't worry about ruining the friendship. If she says no, take it like a man and move on. Embrace your friendship and enjoy it. If she says yes, don't worry about being a bad boyfriend just because you're inexperienced, she might be too and you guys can learn from each other. Worst case scenario - just fake it til ya make it.