Quote Originally Posted by Stillinlove
    someone is on the defensive <.<
    And who would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    And who would that be?
    You!, you freaking pot head lol.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

its simple...if you loved him you wouldn't be posting this thread...personally i think that if it really bothers you that much then maybe you should call it quits...but if he wants to do it, let him...ur not his mother, you can't tell him what to do or otherwise you'll end up being dumped by your high boyfriend...trust me, if you come between his weed he'll give you the flick...sort it out like adults and if he cant control his addiction then maybe he's not worth wasting your time on...and another question to ask yourself...if he hasn't smoked the stuff for 8 months why the hell does he want to start again now? you would've thought he'd be over it...or maybe he's feeling guilty because he's been doing it behind your back...just a thought...
    ...Here's A Letter On A Tape, We Don't Write Anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    its simple...if you loved him you wouldn't be posting this thread...personally i think that if it really bothers you that much then maybe you should call it quits...but if he wants to do it, let him...ur not his mother, you can't tell him what to do or otherwise you'll end up being dumped by your high boyfriend...trust me, if you come between his weed he'll give you the flick...sort it out like adults and if he cant control his addiction then maybe he's not worth wasting your time on...and another question to ask yourself...if he hasn't smoked the stuff for 8 months why the hell does he want to start again now? you would've thought he'd be over it...or maybe he's feeling guilty because he's been doing it behind your back...just a thought...
    She can't tell him not to smoke because she loves him but he can dump her if she comes between his weed and still be in love with her? ....that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard...seriously.

Lets just put it simply... he knows you dont like it... he wants to do it anyway...he obviously doesnt care too much about your feelings on it or he wouldnt even consider it. Period...simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Lets just put it simply... he knows you dont like it... he wants to do it anyway...he obviously doesnt care too much about your feelings on it or he wouldnt even consider it. Period...simple as that.

god damnit!!!!
    He obviously DOES CARE about her!!!!!!!!You are completely wrong here Alovely.......First of all, he stopped because of her. I comend the guy for actually considering her feelings by sitting down with her an discussing the matter.

Most guys would do it even if their girl had a problem with it. Jesus, these 2 arent married or anything. Just like everyone else said, love is about comprimise. I think this girl is being very selfish. Im getting pissed off reading all these posts telling this girl to leave him. Apparently, these people havent been in love. And if they were, I'm sure they are single now. if she doesnt comprimise now, then this will turn into a way bigger issue later down the road. Little things like this tend to build up inside, especially if you are not "aloud" to do something.

What if he was bothered by you doing something that you enjoyed doing? it could be something that you thought was ok. Would you stop and not even think twice about it? doubt it.....and if you did, you would try to talk to him about it, work something out, just like he is now.......

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    I agree. Its all about what he cares more about. His weed or her feelings.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I agree. Its all about what he cares more about. His weed or her feelings.
    **** her I say.

If a dude wants a smoke a bit of weed he should be able to do it without his girlfriend throwing a hissy fit.

**** her I say.

If a dude wants a smoke a bit of weed he should be able to do it without his girlfriend throwing a hissy fit.
    Well, if you are with a girl and can repeat the words you just said about her then you dont love her.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if you are with a girl and can repeat the words you just said about her then you dont love her.
    If she can dump him over only the fact he doesn't do what she likes, she doesn't "love" him.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a similar situation about smoking cigarettes ... I was ADDICTED ... I'll admit it ... I smoked behind her back on occasion. But for the most part, I quit. I lied to spare her feelings which was probably WRONG, but with good intentions ... anyhow, to make a long story short, the relationship didn't last forever (from 19-23) and in the end, I resented the fact that I even changed my lifestyle for her. I don't accept any substitutes. Like me for who I am and don't try to change it because it'll become an issue in the future.

But if I ever ran into a similar situation, I'd ask the girl to just let me go because it's a part of my makeup ... sometimes change brings resentment even if it IS for someone's well-being ... but he did make the mistake of quitting to win you over. But you gotta find out if his pros outweigh his cons. If that's all you're basing it on, then that really sucks. Marijuana is usually a phase.

My last relationship, I laid all the cards on the table ... all my vices ... and straight up told her that "I'ma smoke when I wanna smoke. Drink when I wanna drink. Hang out with my friends when I want to. " ... Also, told her that my friend's and family were my #1 priority. And she had no problem with it. I figure, why act like you're married and that you have to completely change your lifestyle just because you're BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND? When you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, then make the final decision for the next step.

Experience is helpful. It was just weed. I smoked weed all the time and never once fiended for it. I just did it cuz I was bored or whatnot. Never built up an addiction to it and it's actually good for a lot of things. Do some research! And if you notice, a lot of potheads and peaceful people. When was the last time you heard someone gettin' shot over some marijuana? I can understand worrying about drinking if the person gets violent. Or even cocaine or harder drugs, but weed? Most people that think it's stupid or addictive have never tried and just assume all drugs are at the same level.

Fear cigarettes and alcohol if anything. Yeah, I do them both, but from experience, don't do them if you haven't already.

Kids these days. haha
    Last edited by tooxshort; 05-05-05 at 08:05 AM.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

If she can dump him over only the fact he doesn't do what she likes, she doesn't "love" him.
    Yes. Both ways are true.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    my friend's and family were my #1 priority.
    Family...offcourse ..but friends? Who would put his friends before his girlfriend?...I think that is just stupid.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 05-05-05 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melyssa920
    My boyfriend and i have been dating for about eight months now! He came into our relationship knowing i disapprove of pot and dont date pot smokers. Before he met me he was a big pot smoker. He hasnt smoked since we started dating because he knew i wouldnt approve. I respected him for that very much! But just the other day he told me he misses smoking and nothing would be affected in our relationship if he did it and the only reason he stopped is because of me, and he wants to do it really bad!! But my views arent going to change because he wants to start again. He knows he's going to hurt me by doing it. Its just we have different views on it he thinks its completely fine and i dont think its fine to do drugs. I dont want to threaten him and say im going to leave him if he does it because i love him but im also not going to just put up with it and let him hurt my feelings by doing it! I just dont know what to do! Please help!~~
    I find that when you dont accept what your partner is into you risk loosing them. I for one have been in your place at one time and made a choice to push my views on my partner. Even if i thought I was right to tell this person how to live their life I was way out of line. Who am I to tell anyone how to live their life and try to stop them from doing something that makes them happy.

Well, my point is that I lost my best friend over it and we are still not the same. I found out that there are more inportant things in life and what i lost over it was not worth it at all.

My advice is to find out whats more inportant to you and if his smoking a joint is that bad. It makes him happy as I am sure you do and by stopping him from doing what he wants to do you might loose something. He is not pushing you to do it so you should not push him to do it. If you cant deal with what makes him happy then you should not be with him.

I for one have made a different choice. I feel that if your with a person you need to be into what they are into so I started to smoke with her. I am not telling anyone here to do the same. I just feel if it will get me closer with my girls and its one more thing we can share then I should do that for her because it makes her happy and it makes me happy when she is happy.

my2cent
    Love Is BS

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Family...offcourse ..but friends? Who would put his friends before his girlfriend?...I think that is just stupid.
    isn't shorty single?? if that is the case, then you don't have to bother with a gf.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    isn't shorty single?? if that is the case, then you don't have to bother with a gf.

raverboy
    It wasnt aimed at him..just about his comment.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast