+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend wants to smoke pot again

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    It has everything to do with the thread.
    Not really.

You could easily replace marijuana from the original post with any other vice and I could still hold the same argument.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot
    tooxshort,

Most people do it to escape reality, the truth is that reality is reality, and when you come back down from your 'high' life is just as bad as it was before.

alright enough about the drugs. ANYTHING can be a vice. i'm not picking on you pilot but i wanted to quote something that you said.

i personally don't see anything wrong with drugs, IF you take that in moderation. it's like anything else in life. however, everyone wants to escape reality weather they know it or not.

example, why do people spend so much time watching television and all these stupid reality shows?? it's because they want to see other people in trouble. they want to see other people in situations where they would not like to be in. this is how they escape their own personal reality. everyone needs another place to free their minds after a hard day of work, yet at the same time people must control their vices.

on the side note, i haven't gotten fuct up ever since getting pulled over. damn. i think that it's time i should grow up... where's the married life that i wanted to start??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see.. I'm not sure why people can't just have a laugh with their friends without the aid of drugs though.
    it's just the same as going to the movies ... why watch a movie for entertainment?

why do we eat fattening foods to satisfy cravings?

all the same shit ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

No problem with refering to my quote.

Although I agree that we all need to escape reality, I do think theres a better way than using drugs. For one, they are illegal (more emotional turmoil if you're caught?) and also they have the potential to damage your health. My escape from reality is to go flying, why not take up a sport, or be physically active, as a means of escaping reality?

on the side note, i haven't gotten fuct up ever since getting pulled over. damn. i think that it's time i should grow up... where's the married life that i wanted to start??

raverboy[/QUOTE]

Im right here!!!!! baby xoxoxox
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

tooxshort,

I'm not sure I totally agree with you there. It's your discretion as to how much fatty food you eat, and how regularly you go to the cinema... but drugs happen to be illegal.

No problem with refering to my quote.

Although I agree that we all need to escape reality, I do think theres a better way than using drugs. For one, they are illegal (more emotional turmoil if you're caught?) and also they have the potential to damage your health. My escape from reality is to go flying, why not take up a sport, or be physically active, as a means of escaping reality?
    Yea, I agree...there are much better things to do then drugs.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you guys commenting on drugs is like virgins commenting on sex ...

all im arguing is that there's different strokes for different folks ... but you guys seem to think that EVERYONE should follow the same path ... now that's bullshit ...

and NO, i'm not a druggie ... haven't touched any drugs for awhile aside from tobacco and alcohol ... all i'm sayin' is that people choose their own paths ...
    Last edited by tooxshort; 09-05-05 at 07:13 AM.
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

I didn't say that everyone should follow the same path, unless of course we're regarding to the law (drugs are illegal)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    man i really sound like i'm advocating drugs ... haha but oh well ...

yes, they're illegal ... although, i think cigs and alcohol should be illegal over marijuana ... read up on it ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

so is jay walking.

I'm aware of what cigs and alcohol do (I dont smoke and I dont drink - and before you ask, no im not religious) and I do agree, they should be made illegal too.

If you wish to damage your body by using illegal substances then please do so, but please don't look upon it asthough it's the worst thing in the world if you end up in hospital unwell, with the unlikely chance of ever recovering, as you would only have yourself to blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    so is jay walking.
    hey sombra, didn't nomas use that line? hehe..

just playing with you.

happy mother's day to anyone who is a mother... (I'm a mommy!)

"Ogres are like onions."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you wish to damage your body by using illegal substances then please do so, but please don't look upon it asthough it's the worst thing in the world if you end up in hospital unwell, with the unlikely chance of ever recovering, as you would only have yourself to blame for it.
    that, my friend, is the point i was trying to make ...

do what u like and there's bound to be a match for you somewhere ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    that, my friend, is the point i was trying to make ...

what u like and there's bound to be a match for you somewhere ...
    Yes shorty!!!!!

That is an EXCELENT point to make. EXCELLENT! You can't dwell on someone who just can't accept you for who you are because someone out there will like you, or at least be able to accept you with all your imperfections.

Imagine spending all that time trying to change for someone and in the end, you end up not being together. All that change for nothing.

Ok, ok, love is about compromises, unselfishnesss, and bla-bla-bla. But in the end, you are who you are, and if you have to change so much to match someone's ideal, I don't know... How long can you be happy trying to fit a different mould?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast