A guy (22) has asked me (25) out on several dates. Let's call him Michael. He is nice, sweet and likes me a lot - he has told me that many times. The problem is that I'm not sure what I feel about him. He has started to take this dating very seriously, even though I've already told him that it has all gone too fast and I need to take it a bit slower. I broke up with my last boyfriend (were together for 2 years) only 3 months ago and though I've accepted that and moved on from the point of wanting to repair that relationship, I still feel that it is too early for a new relationship. Should I be open with Michael and tell him my reasons why I'm not ready to have a relationship yet? I feel that I would be crushing him, when I'd tell him that I don't want to hold hands in public yet, or that I don't want to go on a date every weekend. He works in another city further away currently and only comes to my town for the weekends and he is really waiting for our dates and evenings together. How do I hurt a kitten like that? Because he really seems like a sweet innocent kitten... He is a few years younger than me, too, which is also something that's pushing me away - I am more successful and more independent than he is and I feel we wouldn't be equal enough in this relationship. He will be living in our town next spring again, when his current working assignment ends, but he hasn't even graduated university yet and I don't even know his future aspirations etc. Or am I over-analyzing this and should just let it flow? I feel that I'm not ready to commit again, I am peeking at other guys, too, all the time, because... I don't have a crush on Michael. But should there always be a crush to have a working relationship? From past experience - even when in love, things haven't worked out.

How does a normal relationship begin anyway? Should I give Michael and me a few more chances/dates? Should I tell him where I stand - that I'm not ready for a full commitment/serious relationship yet?