+ Follow This Topic

Thread: give me space

give me space

My girlfriend likes to have space away from anyone and me to but is it usual among girls to won't space in a relationship.

yep i would have to say monthly! lol
    really, i think its usual, every so often. but not to much
    >{Johnno}<
    AKA Xplodinjohnno

When I'm truly in love... I never want space. Then again that could just be my personality. When I'm in love, its not a monthly thing..I learn to control my monthly behavior if ya know what I mean.
    I love to be around the one I love. If hes having a bad day, I try my best to cheer him up, and I expect the same from him. If its a legit situation (like their mom dying etc) then of course they need time, but if its a common things chances are theyre just getting sick of being around you. Or, thats what it was with me.

Yeah, usually, when I say I need space, it means I'm sick of the person. In order to make the person feel better, I just say I need space from everybody. But if I'm in love with someone, and need space from everybody else, I'd still that that special someone to cheer me up. but that's just me tooo.... Everybody is different.
    Are there other things going on around her that she might be stressed out about?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah dude if I need space you'll know it.

Some girls feel that they did something wrong, and feel obligated to fix the situation.

That is the worst possible thing a chick can do.

Talking is good.

But not when it makes the situation worse.

So when a dude wants to be left alone.

Just leave 'em alone, he'll come around.

Thing is though, from my little experience, you leave a girl alone when they asked to be alone and they get mad because "you obviously don't care enough".

Oi.
    Last edited by Junket; 08-05-05 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Yeah dude if I need space you'll know it.

Some girls feel that they did something wrong, and feel obligated to fix the situation.

That is the worst possible thing a chick can do.

Talking is good.

But not when it makes the situation worse.

So when a dude wants to be left alone.

Just leave 'em alone, he'll come around.

Thing is though, from my little experience, you leave a girl alone when they asked to be alone and they get mad because "you obviously don't care enough".

Oi.

Wow, you are so right on this... you read my mind. (i'm a girl btw)

yes i agree too. but i think it goes both ways. i've known many men that feel obligated to take action on everything even if they don't want to.

and leaving people alone to go through their sh.it, that's part of loving somebody. if you love them let them go, hello? loving somebody isn't keeping them from what they do or go through it's to be with them and help them through life and regard them for who they are. giving somebody space is nothing more than that, letting somebody be who they are. and not "who they are when they're around their controlling girl/boyfriend".

I think that reguardless... if a person wants "space" that means hey i want to be away fromy you. Which is a bad thing no matter what. Like I said befoee I've never wanted space unless I wanted out or away from him.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Which is a bad thing no matter what.
    I disagree.

Unless someone just died or there is a legit reason why she needs space... I think its a bad thing. I've done that "I need space" thing with a guy before when nothing was even wrong with the relationship. But it was because I didnt want to be around him anymore.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Unless someone just died or there is a legit reason why she needs space... I think its a bad thing. I've done that "I need space" thing with a guy before when nothing was even wrong with the relationship. But it was because I didnt want to be around him anymore.
    As you've just basically said yourself, there are exceptions.

If the reason behind it is that you're just sick of them, then yeah, it's obviously a negative thing.

But when outside factors are beginning to overwhelm somebody, it's quite natural to want to take some alone time to gather one's self together. The last thing they need is their partner to add to the stress by getting upset and confused about why their help is not wanted.

In most cases the talking will come after the one with the issues collects themself enough to explain their behavior.

I agree

we are still going out and yes she does have alot of stress in her life and i dont wont to add more so i will give it to her and it has happened before and she wont want space for long just like the last time until she gets her stuff together. Thank you all.

denial...