+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is ex being complicated

Why is ex being complicated

We just broke up about 6 days ago. We dated for three and a half years and I was his first everything. We are both 21 if that matters. My ex says he doesn't like us together and we argued too much so that's why we broke up. He says his love for me has died. If that is true, why won't he give me the closure conversation I need? He says it is over so there is nothing to talk about. He isn't dating me anymore so there is nothing to talk about. He wants to still be friends and keep talking but he won't give me the closure I need and is keeping my wii controllers. He won't even meet me at a public place to talk. He says he just doesn't want to see me right now. When I try to get my answers from him online, he ignores my questions. He asked me today to please stop talking about it (the break-up and my feelings) because it makes him feel awkward.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!? He broke up with me! What is so awkward about it if he has no feelings for me? Why is he making things so complicated?!

I really wanted guy's opinions on this but girls can comment too.

He isn't making it complicated, you are. He has nothing to say to you, he already told you the reason he broke up with you: his love for you has died. That is all you need to know. You need to give yourself closure. Start by going no contact - you can't "still be friends" with him if you still have feelings for him, which you do. Focus on yourself, hobbies, friends, work/study. Have a friend of yours retrieve your wii controllers, so that you won't have to see him again. He doesn't want you: why would you bother running after him like a puppy? Regain your dignity and move on.

I agree with searock, he's not the one making this complicated - you are. He's told you why he ended things: the two of you argued too much and he lost his love for you. There's truly nothing more to say.

Do not be his friend and buy yourself two new wii controllers. Move on and find someone who you don't fight with :-)

Closure. What a bullshit word. Stop being a little girl, grow up and ignore the tosser. Or continue wallowing in self pity.

There is nothing to talk about. You broke up. He does't want to talk to you cause he can't bear to see or hear you. Sorry to say this, but what "closure" to you need? I think you should move on and stop thinking about him.

I guess I just didn't want to believe it because he said he didn't love me a month ago and three days later he says he was just mad and he still loved me. Then a month goes by and he says we argue too much so we are breaking up and when he was mad, he said again he didn't love me. I guess it is true though.

If you're not happy with his decision you could:

1. Throw battery acid over his car
    2. Boil his bunny
    3. Plaster his photo all over your walls, start buying sharp knives and start stalking him on the internet.

Closure is highly overrated. At best, it would be a clinical and dispassionate dissection of a failed relationship. At worst, it would be the person getting dumped whining and asking variations of "Why?" Just accept that the relationship is over and move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.