+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tips: How to get over a girl?

Tips: How to get over a girl?

To anyone more experienced this may sound stupid, but I liked this girl more than I've ever liked anyone, didn't go out with her though, and now know she 'just wants to be friends'. I'm not very outgoing, but I was wondering whether anyone has any tips for getting over girls like this?

Why not be friends???
    If your friends now, she may get to like you and you might get to be more then friends later.

I started out like that with my girl.......

Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    Why not be friends???
    If your friends now, she may get to like you and you might get to be more then friends later.

I started out like that with my girl.......
    Yes but did you tell her you liked her before you were friends, and make so many stupid mistakes like I have?

Yeah Man,
    You wouldnt imagine how many stupid things I did, I told her I like her - But she just did things her way, they "friends only" way. Then she just developed feelings... Like serious feelings you know... She calls me at night telling me how much she loves me.

only say you wanna get over and leave the pitch immediately
    its the best way isnt it
    wHat u ThinK is WhAT U wAnT tO tHiNk abouT

Tone Guest
    So many relationships start as friends first, at least the meaningful ones. Become her friend and work your magic, once she gets to know you more on a friend level she might see something in you she likes.

Here's a tip on how to get over someone (not just a girl): Get rid of everything that will remind you of that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    To anyone more experienced this may sound stupid, but I liked this girl more than I've ever liked anyone, didn't go out with her though, and now know she 'just wants to be friends'. I'm not very outgoing, but I was wondering whether anyone has any tips for getting over girls like this?
    Go out if you can and meet as many new chicks as possible...I don't mean pick them up I mean just introduce yourself...put your self on the market so to say.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't be friends with the chick, just drop it.

Stomp on it.

And walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    ::laughs::
    Welcome to the club. The answer to your question is that if your feelings are genuine...then you can't.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I think I've learnt a lot during the time after I told her until now. I've also learnt that there's wayyyyy more I need to know before I have a chance.

We went out last night for a curry, 8 of us, was fun, but it annoyed me a little when she talks to me about the others because it just makes me like her even more.

It is actually way better as friends, because talking to her becomes less awkward, and my mind is at rest. I don't have much problem with liking her anymore, except when she talks to others and I get jealous of every little bit of interaction.

Oh man I get sooooo jealous when I see a girl I like even talk to another boy. I find it very hard to get over a girl. My advice would be to not see her as much as possible, but it seems that bit of advice is pointless to you!!

The best way to start a relationship with a girl is definatly by being just friends first! Takes off the pressure and you get to know her really well!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with the friends thing now, however I hope she doesn't remember what I've done and finds it off-putting. Here's a list of things I see as mistakes that I've made:
    • Basically being too shy, which could make her think well he can't like me that much anyway.
    • Text messaged her too often, moaning about how I was too scared to talk to her, yet not actually doing anything about it.
    • I didn't act like someone that liked her at all, I didn't compliment her, or try to comfort her as anything more than a friend.
    • After the school prom I sent her a message saying something on the lines of "I don't know whether you like me, but if you did then sorry for being rude, shy or anything like that, and sorry if this message is stupid" - be aware I was quite tired and down after this.
    Anyway you get the idea, there are probably more, what do people think she would think of my mistakes?

(this has given me an idea for a new thread )