+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would u take this text?

How would u take this text?

So we hung out had dinner at my place. Kissed at end. Then she texts me this AM saying she had a good time. Followed by this

I have to apologiZe if I act a little weird or "non committal". My last two
    relationships did not go very well and I was hurt so I'm scared to get attached
    to someone at the moment. I always have a great time hanging with you and think
    you are a great guy and def want to hang again . Hope you understand

I responded I dont wanna rush into anything either and she basically said glad we are on same page.

What don't you understand about that text? Seems pretty clear to me.

is she saying she doesnt want to date?

the nice guy thing is always kiss of death

Well... judging by that text, it seems that she wants to date, but not get in a committed relationship anytime soon. To be sure, ask her exactly what she meant the next time you see her.

If she wanted to let you know that she isn't interested in dating you anymore, she would have used phrases like "You're a really great guy, I hope we can meet up again as friends some time" or something. And when you told her that you also don't want to rush things (implying that you want to take your dates slow and not rush into a committed relationship), she said that you're on the same page. So I think you are.
    Last edited by searock; 06-12-12 at 11:37 PM.

"think u are a great guy" seems close enough

hope ur right though

Obviously, she want to hang out again with you => continue this relationship but not immediate attached now.
    It's clear that she don't expect you say love to her, just keep be friend.
    It can be better and you are in love in future but she doesn't mention it now.

What's wrong with thinking you're a great guy? She didn't say she likes you "just as friends" or something. I think my boyfriend is a great guy, it doesn't mean I'm not into him.

Ask her out on another date in a few days. She just wants to take it slow, i.e. no expectations, no pressure.

She wants to hang again. She said that. What's ambiguous about that?

She wants a friend with benefits. Assume that is as far as she wants to take it if you're not going to actually get her to clarify. I've read way too many broken heart threads where one party didn't listen to the "I want to be your friend" Or "I enjoy your company but I'm not ready to be in a relationship" went ahead and had sex with the uncommitted and were emotionally burnt because they didn't listen.

You're best bet, get her to clarify when/if you're going to have sex. Friends don't have sex with one another if that's all they want to be.

I'll add that FWB is fine if that's what both people REALLY want and it's totally clear by both people.. that way you can keep bonding rituals that cause you to become vulnerable to one another out of your fun which in turn will keep your emotions out of it.

I'll also add that in most cases, someone who is carrying unchecked baggage ( "My last two relationships did not go very well and I was hurt so I'm scared to get attached") into their next opposite sex interaction isn't ready to be in anything new of any substance. You'd do well to find out why she's not having any luck in the love department ~ She was the common denominator.

Keep all that in mind while you "hang." Sorry to be so unromantic but I tend to look at all angles. We all agree that she likes to hang with you though, she made that part clear.

well my female friend who i had lunch with thinks..... that this girl wants me to say i want to be in a long term relatioship

all of u make sense but i just feel like maybe she just wants to be friends. i also dont wanna be all over her about that text.... thinking will wait to talk till next time i see her? however in the next few texts we sent... basically i said id like to date and see where this goes and she replied "glad we are on same page and sounds like a plan"

well my female friend who i had lunch with thinks..... that this girl wants me to say i want to be in a long term relatioship
    Leave it to a so called "friend" to interpret it to be exactly the opposite of what was actually said. How old is this "female friend you had lunch with?"

basically i said id like to date and see where this goes and she replied "glad we are on same page and sounds like a plan"
    Well, then there you go. Just keep in mind your thread and what was interpretted by all of us and "see where it goes with that in mind"

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    thinking will wait to talk till next time i see her?
    Uh, yeah, as was told you to do in post #4 on this thread.

basically i said id like to date and see where this goes and she replied "glad we are on same page and sounds like a plan"
    She meant what she said, stop over-analyzing.

my female friend is 29....

Then she's emotional immature if she could gleen something like she did from that text. It's well understood that too many women don't say exactly what is actually on their mind but to interpret the exact opposite of what was said is just telling you what she thought you wanted to hear.. or she's actually psychic, one or the other. Just my take on that though.

Carry on/or not carlito. That's all you can do regardless of what your date really means.

She is letting you down easy, she just friend zoned you.

It's the "it's not you it's me" deal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast