+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need a complete makeover..

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No comments on your PA, you are more than fine. Get involved in an activity you enjoy. Hit on more girls in school. You need the brainy, slightly reserved type. I was one of those, and went for guys like you. There are plenty of us who are very attractive, the stereotype just isn't true.

Your insecurity is going to be a problem for you. Even if you are a player trolling, the fact you make these kinds of posts says your are worried you won't find a nice girl to love you. I would suggest you stop these posts and *only* post the positive things you are doing. Can you get girls to smile at you? When was the last time this happened?

Also, what are you in school for?
    Hit on girls? Great Scott! That's a tall order.

Yeah, it will be a problem but I can't just be secure without cause. I don't even remember the last time a girl smiled at me without my having done something stupid or awkward.

I'm going for an AA and then a university for a major I have yet to discover.

Took you long to produce a picture. Reminds me of a gay friend I have. Haven't heard from him a long time. He was pretty awesome. Sigh.

Well, I was actually busy with finals yesterday... LOL, well, grand: I remind someone of a gay dude.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I don't even remember the last time a girl smiled at me without my having done something stupid or awkward.
    LR, you don't know your own assets. Your early posts here were hilarious w/Imma. Girls love funny guys, you have a sharp sense of humour. Use your strengths.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

LR, you don't know your own assets. Your early posts here were hilarious w/Imma. Girls love funny guys, you have a sharp sense of humour. Use your strengths.
    ^ This! When a guy makes me laugh, I melt. I've gotten crushes on guys just because they could make me laugh. Some of them are still friends and every time they make me laugh, I think, "Damn, I could have dated him..."

That almost makes me glad I'm not funny: I'd hate to have girls interested in me only because I was funny. I remember saying something the other day about how I'd be offended by that.

That almost makes me glad I'm not funny: I'd hate to have girls interested in me only because I was funny. I remember saying something the other day about how I'd be offended by that.
    That's...not how it works, you newb...

What do you intend to attract people with then? You have to pull people in with something and so far, you've labeled yourself ugly, you think being confident is negative, you don't want to be funny, and you are constantly negative.

And you wonder why you don't get dates...what aspect of your being are they supposed to be drawn to upon meeting you, exactly?

The guy I still have a crush on that attracted me with his humor also has other traits I like. He's laidback, kindhearted, nerdy, and yet somehow shy and outgoing at the same time. It was the fact that he could make me laugh that tipped me off to his personality being a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaru View Post
    The guy I still have a crush on that attracted me with his humor also has other traits I like. He's laidback, kindhearted, nerdy, and yet somehow a mixture of shy but outgoing. It was the fact that he could make me laugh that tipped me off to his personality being a good one.
    Well, when you put it that way, it sounds a lot better..

When my hubby makes me laugh, it's the biggest turn on. Funny how you get offended and my hubby gets laid.

If being funny is the primary reason a girl likes a guy, I don't see why he shouldn't be offended. That insinuates "You're so funny, it compensates for your ugliness."

Say your husband said he only married you because you're funny which makes up for your lack of looks; how would you feel?

You need the brainy, slightly reserved type. I was one of those, and went for guys like you. There are plenty of us who are very attractive, the stereotype just isn't true.
    If he was a nice person, I agree this would work. But sadly, he's not nice. My daughter is a reserved brainy type, but his constant judgement of others would see her running in the opposite direction.

Then again, she's also a guitar player who's into Indie music....so I guess LR wouldn't bother speaking to her.

Quite the absolute statement there. Don't you suppose there could be a MIDDLE ground?

Besides, if I was "pathetic IRL", who are you to judge that I am "pathetic"? Just curious.
    I figure that you're pathetic because you have no girlfriends and your friends can't be bothered with you. If you weren't pathetic IRL, you wouldn't be in this mess, would you.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If he was a nice person, I agree this would work. But sadly, he's not nice. My daughter is a reserved brainy type, but his constant judgement of others would see her running in the opposite direction.

Then again, she's also a guitar player who's into Indie music....so I guess LR wouldn't bother speaking to her.
    I don't say very much in public so no one has a clue how I really think.

Yeah, pretty much: indie music is one of the first signs of cultural brainwash.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I figure that you're pathetic because you have no girlfriends and your friends can't be bothered with you. If you weren't pathetic IRL, you wouldn't be in this mess, would you.
    Fair enough. That's probably all true.

If being funny is the primary reason a girl likes a guy, I don't see why he shouldn't be offended. That insinuates "You're so funny, it compensates for your ugliness."

Say your husband said he only married you because you're funny which makes up for your lack of looks; how would you feel?
    You keep mentioning looks. So are you saying that the primary reason someone likes you should be how you look rather than some aspect of your personality?

I didn't realize humor was linked so strongly to appearance. It's funny how no one said, "Being funny makes up for being ugly" but that's where your negative thinking immediately takes you.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast