+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Mistakes Made?

Worst Mistakes Made?

Hello,

Just wondering what everyones' mistakes they've made while in relationships, I'm only 16 and have tried to go out with one girl, and these were the mistakes I made:

• Basically being too shy, which could make her think well he can't like me that much anyway.
    • Text messaged her too often, moaning about how I was too scared to talk to her, yet not actually doing anything about it.
    • I didn't act like someone that liked her at all, I didn't compliment her, or try to comfort her as anything more than a friend.
    • After the school prom I sent her a message saying something on the lines of "I don't know whether you like me, but if you did then sorry for being rude, shy or anything like that, and sorry if this message is stupid" - be aware I was quite tired and down after this.

You have my sympathy..
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

I didn't ask for your sympathy

laughing at my boyfriend when he told me he loved me for the 1st time. also, not saying it back, even though i felt it. it really hurt him but i was scared. were still together though, so i guess all is well

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Hello,

Just wondering what everyones' mistakes they've made while in relationships, I'm only 16 and have tried to go out with one girl, and these were the mistakes I made:

• Basically being too shy, which could make her think well he can't like me that much anyway.
    • Text messaged her too often, moaning about how I was too scared to talk to her, yet not actually doing anything about it.
    • I didn't act like someone that liked her at all, I didn't compliment her, or try to comfort her as anything more than a friend.
    • After the school prom I sent her a message saying something on the lines of "I don't know whether you like me, but if you did then sorry for being rude, shy or anything like that, and sorry if this message is stupid" - be aware I was quite tired and down after this.
    lol. thats EXACTLY what happened with me. last year she broke up with me cause of that. now we are back. took one year! and a month

worst mistake in a relationship i made was not to keep my eyes open .... never delude urself that u know ur partner completely

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

That's what I'm afraid of doing. Well the worst mistake I made when I was trying to get together with a girl was being too conservative. Actually to tell you the truth, we were both quite shy so we never talked with each other at all except for MSN. Now my personality has changed far from being shy and I've hooked up with another girl.

being shy, being blinded (the guy was completely loony), worrying what we were, maybe a little clingy, expecting too much

I dont believe I have any doubts... because even if I did something and regretted it..I learned from it.
    ~Sarah~

Yeah I definately learned from it, shame I did it on a girl I like so much, and don't think I'll get over for a long while.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So far the only mistake I didn't make was not bein' a abusive to this one girl...

Damn, if only I was abusive maybe she woulda actually gone out with me.

This is funny for me to read, because I've been pretty shy all my life, and I've been through all of that and then some. Anyway, even though you haven't explicetly asked for it, I'll give you my two cents of advice on this just for your own future reference.

Firstly, put yourself in the other persons shoes and ask yourself if you would want to be with someone who constantly doubts themself. Remember that shy can be cute to girls in doses, but not all the time. Females and Males alike, generally like to be around someone who is confident about themself, and who doesn't always put them on a pedestal. Most good relationships happen when man and woman can stand as equals and have a good friendship. Believe me, if you are looking for some kind of long term relationship, it's not going to fall into place all of a sudden. I fell in real love for the first time when I was 16 years old, but I like you was shy and didn't know how to handle it. I was always so concerned with how I should act or whether or not she liked me more than someone else, that I let our friendship slip away. That cost me one potential love, but I managed to regain my friendship luckily. Anyway, the point is, is that being shy often times equates to low self image, and that equals bad news for you. Forget what you belive about your limitations. You are stuck with who you are, and you will have to make the best of that. Will every girl want you? No. But not every girl wants to be with Tom Cruise either. Quite a few maybe, but not all of them. Just be confident in yourself, and if you feel you can better yourself in an area, then by all means go for it. But let her know that you are worthy of her, because she is worthy of you. Equality. Of course if you're looking for a quicky in and out, then forget all that and just be overly self confident and make her laugh. Anyway, you're only 16 and have lots of time to figure your life out.

Oh yeah and for my worst mistake with a girl... I unintentionally manipulated a married woman into breaking up with her boyfriend.... who she cheated on her husband with.... and being with me instead. I don't really feel too bad about that though. She was obviously not the commitment type.

Shyness used to be a problem for me, it resulted in losing a bunch of chances with girls... And weird effects like girls asking me out :-\

Anyways, I got over this problem now - The thing is people take girls as for being from another planet, but actually they are people just like us.

And you can come up and say Hi to them and ask em out without being zapped! Whats the worst thing she can happen? She says "No, Im kinda busy".....
    Well thats just me...

Another mistake i made was wanting to start a relationship before even becoming FRIENDS! I urge you people not to make a mistake like that. Youll be sorry!

I like that COAD "that girls are just like us."

Who decided girls and guys are from different planets anyway?

worse mistake made? in a relationship?

hmmmm, staying with someone because I was afraid of hurting him by breaking up.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi

Who decided girls and guys are from different planets anyway?
    No one actually decided that, but sometimes how people act, makes me think thats what they are thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast