+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Smiles..

Smiles..

Is it just me, or does virtually every "Does she like me?" thread begin with "smiles at me" as a symptom and an attempt by the OP to convince themselves there's something more than friendship there?

As a result of reading so many times where "smiles at me" ends up being misconstrued, I've actually never ever assumed a girl was smiling at me; I've always chalked it up to "Oh, maybe she thought of something funny and just coincidentally is looking in my direction (which is very awkward for both of us)" or "It's not me that's causing her to smile; maybe she's drunk or hyper or high." Incidentally, I've never believed a girl was checking me out (which they very well shouldn't be: I'd question the sanity or sobriety of any girl that was).

I can now see why girls can be very distant: guys get too pompous and assume they like them after one small little detail.

IMO, When a girl is smiling at you, you should always assume its an invitation to come over and say "Hi" Wondering about if she likes you or not (past an introduction) at that point is being slightly pre-mature. Of course we have established already that one needs the balls to go over and actually say "Hi"

LOL, well, it's not "balls" that I'm missing: it's SUAVE. Or maybe a beer (not an alcoholic, by the way; I hate being drunk and actually anything past a little buzzed but my point is about having something to take the edge off)..

Besides, so a guy is supposed to be presumptuous? This is liken to a form of arrogance, which I thought girls HATED? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    As a result of reading so many times where "smiles at me" ends up being misconstrued, I've actually never ever assumed a girl was smiling at me....
    My friend, if a woman is looking at you and smiling that's an open invitation to at least go say 'hello'. Now if she looks at you and starts laughing, that's another story.
    — "Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying." ~Baba Ram Dass

Lol. Well, since I don't dress or act like a douchebag I am pretty invisible in public so I have no way to attempt to apply the advice here..

LOL, well, it's not "balls" that I'm missing: it's SUAVE. Or maybe a beer (not an alcoholic, by the way; I hate being drunk and actually anything past a little buzzed but my point is about having something to take the edge off)..

Besides, so a guy is supposed to be presumptuous? This is liken to a form of arrogance, which I thought girls HATED? o.0
    You thanked Badger for his post and you were all "bro" ing all over his comments. So why now are you carrying on like you never read what he said and acting like you don't understand what he meant.

P.S. Who the fk mentioned anything about being drunk when approach a smiling woman?

So you are basically telling us you are ball-less. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You thanked Badger for his post and you were all "bro" ing all over his comments. So why now are you carrying on like you never read what he said and acting like you don't understand what he meant.

P.S. Who the fk mentioned anything about being drunk when approach a smiling woman?

So you are basically telling us you are ball-less. Nice!
    I don't see Badger's comment on this thread, otherwise I'd have an answer for you. Can you reiterate what he said?

It's not lack of balls: it's more modesty than anything. And I wouldn't approach anyone if I was drunk (note that I said I hate inebriation: I just alluded to a shot or two to ease up).

How can you forget what he said when it was directed to you (in another thread) and you thought what he had to say was so brilliant.

He didn't say it in this thread but his advice in the other thread is just as applicable here in this one as it was in the other.

Remember.. the one where he said you don't need confidence to approach a woman... you just need balls?

Lol. Well, since I don't dress or act like a douchebag I am pretty invisible in public so I have no way to attempt to apply the advice here..

Whatever you are doing, do the opposite.