+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The smart thing to do...?

The smart thing to do...?

This is a kind of oddly related topic to this subject, but its the best possible area i could think of.

Ok, anyway, i was dating this girl for about 4 months, but i had known her a year before hand, so i knew what she was like. We had a great relationship, i gave her everything, litterally, even a 200$ promise ring for that 4 month.

About 2 weeks before our 4 month though, which i was awaiting so eagerly, she suddenly meets this guy. One night she is suppose to come over, but oddly she was over at the guys house, and trust me i didnt like it. She said that she was just going to walk to my place from a nearby gas station. But knowing my boyfreind self, i drove up there...and i caught them kissing, on the lips but no messy junk. She was messed up i know, she was drunk, and other things, which is imature and i know she's better then that. We argued for the next few hours, and she was saying he's just a freind and she's affectionet and blah blah blah. So i asked her freind what happened, and she found out, we argued some more, but i got over it.

Here's where things start to get odd, she barely has time to call, she barely has time to come over, if at all, she cant seem to remember to stop by. And when she did, she always had a way to bring him up.Trust me i knew, but i didnt want to believe it, and 3 days before our 4 month, she called me up and she was crying. I knew something was up.

She had sex with him, 4 times, and only knew him a week. She told my best freind she had alltogether later cheated on me 10 times. I told them both i wasnt surprised.

I got over it surprising fast, due to the fact im unnaturally calm,. She eventually tried to make it like she had done nothing wrong, i knew she would.I never called her anything, excuse my language here, but she called me a peice of sh**, imature, a bastard, and all fun stuff.

The breakup became official one night, which 5 minutes later i knew she had gone and made her new relationship official. But oddly enouph, she still calls me. She is trying to pull the whole jealosy thing, saying how he takes her places. yeah so did i, i took her to universal stuidios with my family, i paid for her ticket and room. I skipped worked 2 times, once on valentines day to give her flowers in her art class (college). Wow, now that im realizing how much i feel, so used. But i dont regret any of it, i dont regret any damn thing i did for her.

OK IM SORRY FOR THAT LONG THING, thats just for background info, here's my real problem. -_-'

she was having a rouph night, one of her moments. She was ranting about how her entire family was a mess up, and how she is going no-where and how she is going to end up like them. I had the choice to curse her out, to yell and scream and...but i didnt. I never yelled at her, i never had before. I told her there's a part in me that wants to hate her, but i couldnt. I told her she has done stupid things, and she is messing up. I told her she is a good person, and people do beleive in her. She told me i shouldnt be talking to her, and that im the last person she would think of calling.she asked why i still cared. I told her 1 thing.

"because i know who you are, and your better then this"

i know she has lied to me, broke all the trust, and anything we could ever had after. i know this is a nieve subject, but its very confusing.

did i do the right thing by helping her, and still trying to make her feel better?

oh yeah btw i did return that ring
    Last edited by th3wrongway; 24-05-05 at 06:01 PM.

th3wrongway- NO matter how much someone has hurt you, you shouldn't let it affect who you are as a person. It's a very noble thing you did.
    "Ogres are like onions."

u did right..
    but maybe u need to stop it now.. no offense, but she is using u and u know that.. it might turn out tomo that she has broken with her current bf and then she comes begging to u to take her back.. the kindness that u carry in ur heart can cause u lotsa troubles if she decides to do something like that.. morever its better to start new, find a new girl and just forget this f@#$ed up person..

your the man. seriously you did everything good and u shouldnt regret any of those things u've done in your relationship. but i would recomend not to get close to that girl anymore because she cheated on u, and she was in the wrong there. but u really are the man bro hehe