+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do guys think before they start spurting romantic/flirty words?

You know it's true more often than you're willing to admit. Unless Aussie guys are generally of more repute than 'Murricans..

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    You know it's true more often than you're willing to admit. Unless Aussie guys are generally of more repute than 'Murricans..
    I'll avoid a suave good looking guy like the plague - I agree that they are out there. But thankfully, there are also some really good looking guys who are just nice people.

Sure, but to find one who isn't just putting on a facade of being nice is difficult.

Sure, but to find one who isn't just putting on a facade of being nice is difficult.
    I find that an arrogant guy's attitude seeps out his pores. It's very easy for me to identify. And they never bother pretending to be 'nice' because being arrogant seems to work for some girls.

I do know a girl who was attracted to that good looking arrogance. I'd see a good looking guy with this particular vibe and before I even spoke to him, I knew to avoid him. But she seemed to make a beeline for them each time and then complain because she'd get hurt. But she was particularly shallow herself, so I guess she got what was coming to her.

In short, I can pick bastards very easily. And I can pick nice guys easily too. My instinct has never let me down.

So you have amazing powers of deduction. Most girls don't, however,

So you have amazing powers of deduction. Most girls don't, however,
    No, not 'most' girls. Yes, some of my girlfriends fell for it. But most didn't. The far majority of my friends have ended up marrying regular nice guys.

Yeah, and they'll end up finding out they've been cheated on, or some of them will be violent or have second, secret families or involved with murder..

Appearances aren't what they seem (except with hot girls and guys that girls think are hot; they're shallow and perfectly transparent).

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    In short, I can pick bastards very easily. And I can pick nice guys easily too. My instinct has never let me down.

hm... that makes me curious. Am I a bastard? lol

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'll avoid a suave good looking guy like the plague - I agree that they are out there. But thankfully, there are also some really good looking guys who are just nice people.
    Hahaha...I'll vouch. I've met ONE super good-looking guy that was nice. A bit quirky, but a real gentleman. BUUUT, he had shit low self-esteem. I don't know what happened, but when my friend (who also later cheated on him) dated him, she said he had a history of bad relationships where girls cheated on him. That is an exception to the "Beware of all hot guys" rule.

Anyway...I've since started going after more nerdy/quirky guys. I was always a bit nerdy and weird myself...

I remember a former pal had a conspicuous nerdy, conspicuous brother who was "dating" a big, fat, obnoxious black girl which was a conspicuous "relationship." We're all pretty sure he was gay.
    What does this have to do with the issue at hand?!

That sounds like a plotline from Glee....now that I've reread it.

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    Hahaha...I'll vouch. I've met ONE super good-looking guy that was nice. A bit quirky, but a real gentleman. BUUUT, he had shit low self-esteem. I don't know what happened, but when my friend (who also later cheated on him) dated him, she said he had a history of bad relationships where girls cheated on him. That is an exception to the "Beware of all hot guys" rule.

Anyway...I've since started going after more nerdy/quirky guys. I was always a bit nerdy and weird myself...
    Yup good looking or not, nice guys finish last.

Good looking guys are rarely nice; they don't have to conform to most standards of decency and kindness. They're too attractive for that ugly person sht,.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have to say that in general, lovereject has a point. Above average-looking guys make me feel the need to be cautious.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

the "I want to make love to you" scoop is something i really hate to hear from any guy. It sounds self-interest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast