+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Second Chances

Second Chances

How is it possible to forgive someone one you love for breaking your heart and give them a second chance?

Because of love.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer27 View Post
    How is it possible to forgive someone one you love for breaking your heart and give them a second chance?
    I guess it's a combination of the willingness of the injured party to take another risk and the amount of remorse shown by the person who caused the hurt.

If there's no desire to forgive or no remorse, then there's no hope.

Agree with the ^ giving someone a second chance can be a decision made on multiple factors such as how much you miss them, whether you're in love or not and how much you love them if you do. It can be hastily made by little things such as desperation or pain for you're ex over things such as them getting a new partner etc when you give someone a second chance your unshielding your heart and its up to the ex to make it or break it. Some people will regret it others turn out to not regret it but as a person only you fully know your circumstances and how you feel inside so you have to make the choice hope this helps anyone that reads this

I think you really need to talk about boundaries and expectations. You've been hurt once and you don't want to go through those pain again. You already have a basic understanding of one another, and if you want to make it work in the long haul, you need to be able to communicate with one another honestly. Take it slow and take it one step at a time.

I think it depends on what they did and if they have a penchant for going back on their word. I seldom think a person that cheats deserves a second chance, in fact I can't conceive of an instance outside of God saying "Let your partner cheat because it will save the world" where I can think of it.

U r asking a stupid question. Be specific!

It really depends on *how* she broke your heart. What did she do?

It depends on what he did to hurt you, yes. It depends on his reasons for doing so, and the way he did it.

In terms of my own recent experience, my online long distance "husband" broke my heart back in June 2012. He got sick, had to marry his partner (he didn't want to but did it for financial and medical reasons) and felt we couldn't be together. That he couldn't be the husband he so wanted to be for me. He sent me an email telling me this and then didn't check his emails again. I wrote back, but he didn't give me a chance to talk to him or to try and stay together. That was what hurt the most. I could understand why he felt those things, but he took the choice away from me.

We ended up getting back together a month later. By then I'd put walls up because I'd been so hurt and he'd ignored me for that whole month. I never really gave up on us though, and kept trying. Eventually my walls came down (after much discussion with him and much soul searching inside myself) and I accepted that it could happen again and I would have to deal with it if it did, and it was my choice to let that happen, either way. He explained his feelings back when he ended things, and they made sense. He also said he was "misguided" and that he had no right to make that choice for both of us. That helped me a lot to let go of that hurt and embrace him again. I was always so much happier with him in my life, so it was worth it.

Now? He has left me again. This time I don't understand his reasons, and he didn't even tell me he was leaving me until 8 days after he'd left and had tried to move on in his life. THAT hurt me more than anyone has ever hurt me in my whole entire LIFE.

If he did ever want to come back to me, I know I'd accept him because I love him deeply, and I still believe he loves me despite everything, and as I said...he makes me so happy when he's with me. (yes, WHEN he is with me. Not when he chooses to leave me)

It all depend on how close you are and how deep is your relationship.