+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How does love work?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Dating is pretty much manipulation: girls will manipulate you and you manipulate right back. Love is pretty rare; it's usually primal men thinking with their penises and girls wanting to boost their egos.

Here's some practical advice: the better looking, the more mentally ****ed up they are. It's sad but the more beautiful they are, the higher the chance they were abused, raped or exploited.
    Don't listen to him Billy. This ^^^ is the reason he's single
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyman3000 View Post
    I have that attitude, but I never know what to do in front of a girl, I get all nervous and stuff...
    I know how you feel. I have the same problem man. I choke and get nervous. Still trying for my own cure. I try to do the most stupid stuff ever. And I mean I'm shy all around ( school orals , etc...) and so I try to affirm myself as loud as possible. I try to do the most stupid stuff ever ( well embarassing, nothing illegal though) just so I can make people laugh but at the same time try to ridiculize myself so I get over it. That's just me. I still get nervous so I doubt it is working. I'm in the same boat, even though a girl is interested in me, I can't pull it off while other guys would just be able to get a date out of her while I can't. :/

School orals? Auto correct fail Lol
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yikes, I didn't notice...

Quote Originally Posted by JustInTime1 View Post
    I know how you feel. I have the same problem man. I choke and get nervous. Still trying for my own cure. I try to do the most stupid stuff ever. And I mean I'm shy all around ( school orals , etc...) and so I try to affirm myself as loud as possible. I try to do the most stupid stuff ever ( well embarassing, nothing illegal though) just so I can make people laugh but at the same time try to ridiculize myself so I get over it. That's just me. I still get nervous so I doubt it is working. I'm in the same boat, even though a girl is interested in me, I can't pull it off while other guys would just be able to get a date out of her while I can't. :/
    Phew, glad I'm not the only one who has that problem. And what really bothers me is that no one of my friends seem to have problems like these, I feel lonely among them...

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Don't listen to him Billy. This ^^^ is the reason he's single
    Actually, it's not. It's a combination of genetics and incongruous priorities and interests.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Attraction is far too complex to be explained with some well-turned phrases or simplistic assertions. Sure they sound well enough to be article leads or topics, but the reality is that many factors affect attraction and ultimately relationships. I guess there are a lot of social interaction studies that indicate that confidence is a turn on. And that makes total sense, because you think about what confidence entails—good conversation, lead conversationalist, great communication, assertiveness. But it’s not the end all of dating success. Some women will find the quiet sensitive type to be their ideal. It’s really just all individual. After all, over confidence can be come off as quite unattractive to some and a complete turn off to others. So what then is the answer? A perfect blend of several characteristics and traits is probably your best bet. And remember there is no exact formula, it’s really just a matter of putting yourself out there. If you talk to 100 girls all you need to do is make the right connection with one for it all to matter.
    Love For Me, Not For What I Can Do For You.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234