+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP! I can not figure this girl out!

HELP! I can not figure this girl out!

first off, my name is jerry. I met brittany when she came into my work. she is gorgeous and i asked her out. I kept the conversation light and fun, and eventually asked her to dinner. first date, was great, we had dinner and kissed in the parking lot. we both texted about how great the date was immediately afterwards. second date was the next day. we went to lunch, and had sex in my car.... ya classy I know... but it was sort of heat of the moment. thing is, I'm into this girl. Here is a little bit of history with this girl. she is currently going through a divorce and Ive seen pictures of her ex and he isnt nearly as good looking as me, and she makes him sound like he is kind of a loser as well. brittany seldom texts me, seems distant as hell most times, and has blown me off a few times since our first date. We've been out like 8 imes, and a few of them she's spent the night at my house. We have incredbile sex, but dont really do too much romantic stuff. I ended up asking her to go steady way too soon like a retard, and I didnt see her for 10 days. I thought it was over. we've talked on the phone a few times since we first started dating because it just seemed like she wasnt that interested and I called her out on it.. basically I just asked if she was just always super busy or didnt like texting or whatever. each time she says shes definitely interested, and when we are together, she kisses me, snuggles up to me, and kisses me passionately..... so after i asked her to be my girlfriend a few weeks ago and she got distant.. I apologized and she said it was fine. thing is my friend had left his glasses in her purse from that night while we were all out drinking. so she had to meet up at some point to give them to me.. however she could have facebooked my buddy to give the glasses directly to him if she was really trying to aboid me. so finally tonight... thursday..... we went out to sushi... Now because of all this history Ive just explained... I started feeling like maybe she just wanted to sleep with me... or that she feels like its becoming a sexual relationship only... so yesterday and today I sent her a couple texts about how I'd been imagining the incredible sex we've had and I cant wait to get her alone and tear her clothes off etc... figuring if its sex she wants then I'm not going to get emotional about this girl.... however we went to sushi tonight and she said she had to wake up super early in the morning and was in gym clothes during dinner. so she kissed me in the parking lot and told me she wanted to just go home and skip sex tonihgt.. but she would come over tomorrow and sleep with me or whatever before we went our seperate ways for the night. So my dilemma is that... I have every intention of meeting someone I can spend time with and enjoy being around. someone who im compatible with. shes very quiet... sort of quirky, we've spent most of our dates just having sex... and when I pushed getting serious to fast she obviousl put some distance in between us. and she may have felt compelled to go out tonight, say she had to work ealry, and skip the intimate part tonight, because she ahd my friends expensive glasses. so... now that its all out on the table... I would really appreciate any insights. I could seriously date this girl, but I've offered to do super romantic things for her and just not gotten the responses I was hoping for.... what do you guys think she really wants??? thanks!!

She's going through a divorce. This means that she's not ready to tie herself down to anyone. Most newly divorced people need time to rediscover themselves, act out a bit, and let their hair down. She's probably not at all looking to be romanced - just to have fun, sex and some pleasant male company.

Edited to add: I just noticed 1986 in your name. I assume this is a reference to your age. If so, then she's probably of a similar age and was married young. Mate, she's got some serious casual dating and partying to catch up on.....all that stuff she missed from being tied to another person from such a young age.

By all means, keep having fun with her - but don't expect any relationship kind of behaviour from her.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 25-01-13 at 01:56 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorjerry1986 View Post
    what do you guys think she really wants???
    I suspect she wants to meet a man who knows how to write using paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I suspect she wants to meet a man who knows how to write using paragraphs.
    Hmm or I may have been in a hurry and its a forum... Didn't know this was an English class. So maybe respond to the subject and not critique. Just an idea.