+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Driving me crazy

Driving me crazy

Hi All

I have been dating a woman for the last 6 months, in which time she has broken up with me 3 times.
    She was just recently out of a marriage so I assume I am the rebound guy or whatever it is called.
    Well it started off intense and the love word was used freely and then she ran because she said she didnt have time to grieve,
    She has a close relationship with a work colleague of mine who is married, she use to work at my work as well.
    He texts her late at night when his wife is in bed which really annoys me.
    I asked her the other night if he was single and she was single would she want to be with him, and she said yes to me.
    I have always thought they have had sex as have been away on business trips together.
    I bought this up on Sunday and she strongly denied it and we broke up for the 3rd time.
    Now today she emails me and said she wants me in her life but not as a boyfriend at the moment.
    We have a strong attrraction to each other and are for some reason are drawn back to each other all the time.
    My question is - Does this relationship sound toxic and should I run for the hills, or hang in there to see where it goes.
    Just sick of getting treated like crap and she is very moody and never knows what she wants.

Cheers

It sounds like she is an emotional roller coaster....run for the hills

If everything depends on her mood its good for you to run for the hills.

She seems emotionally unstable... maybe due to divorce? Why not give her one more chance and if her mood strikes again, then run for the hills.

3 breakups in the first 6 months? This relationship doesn't sound toxic to me, because it doesn't even sound like a relationship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You know you should run for the hills but you won't. If you had the strength to run from her, you would have just done it without coming here for permission from us.
    Anyway, add one more vote for "run for the hills." regardless.

Why do you let yourself be treated like crap? Serious question.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Why do you let yourself be treated like crap? Serious question.
    Never have before with anyone, just keep getting drawn back to her for some reason.
    I suppose we have been through a lot in a short space of time.

Thats why im pissed off at myself for hanging around

Moody, Intense attraction, three breakups in six months ... I'm not a mental health professional, but that sounds a lot like Borderline Personality Disorder.

I agree with everything that has been posted above. She sounds emotionally unstable which cannot be good for any kind of relationship. Also, 3 times in 6 months...not a relationship. 1 more vote: run for the hills

Quote Originally Posted by Manager32 View Post
    Moody, Intense attraction, three breakups in six months ... I'm not a mental health professional, but that sounds a lot like Borderline Personality Disorder.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

OP nothing good can come of hooking up with someone who is emotionally unstable. Calling this relationship toxic is a huge understatement, if you stay with her I guarantee it will be to your detriment and possibly ruin you.

How early she said "I love you" should've been enough of a red flag, you should've ran right then and there, the longer you stayed around the deeper in her web you got caught up and the deeper you get caught up the more of a shit storm there's gonna be when you finally man up and walk away for good. People who get attached and throw the word "love" around right from the get go may stroke your ego in a way that pleases you but don't let that fool you. Fact of the matter is she doesn't do it because of anything about you, she does it because there is an infinite void inside of her that she can never fill, her immediate attachment and proclamations of love are a result of desperation to fill the void at all costs but it can never be filled and every effort to fill it ends in disaster, it's the same end result every fukking time with every single person who does this.

Get out before it's too late bro. You are underestimating how much danger you're in. A future with her could include suicide threats/attempts, false rape/abuse charges (even false charges can fukk a man over real good even if you are proven innocent), repeated cheating, and God knows what else. You already know the right thing to do, I don't have to tell you that but I do feel the need to make you understand how urgent it is.

Think I would get out of it mate !!!